HR For Startups
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Recruit, select, on-board and integrate new employees;
• Recognize techniques to motivate, develop and retain employees;
• Comply with employment laws required for your business;
• Describe different leadership styles and when to use them;
• Improve employee performance through timely performance-management actions;
• Manage common employee problems like absenteeism and pay;
• Understand the obligations of a Québec employer for the health and safety of its employees;
• Develop an employee handbook for your company.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Students pursuing a Diploma in entrepreneurship.
• Entrepreneurs who want to build an efficient organization with motivated employees.
• Project managers or team leaders who want to learn how to build the best teams.
• HR students who want to broaden their knowledge of human resources management.
• HR employees who want to broaden their career horizons.
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University