INTRO TO PROGRAMMING WITH JAVA
Do you think they named it Java because programmers are renowned for their coffee habit? Regardless, this course is a definite stimulant. You'll be introduced to Object Oriented Programming (OOP) using Java. You'll learn fundamental programming structures including data types, operators, branching and looping structures, user-defined methods and basic data structures. You'll also develop classes that use OOP features like encapsulation, inheritance, interfaces, overloading, overriding and polymorphism. You don't need any programming background to take this class but once you're finished, you're sure to want more.
|CEWP 215||INTRO TO SQL (Co-requisite)|
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Model data with primitive and user-defined data types;
• Use loops for iterative processing;
• Make decisions using control structures;
• Use the Java language to implement algorithms to solve problems;
• Apply object-oriented methodology to program design;
• Write programs that use basic GUI components;
• Access data in relational databases using JDBC.
Our approachIn this program, you'll delve into the world of Java, led by engaging industry experts who'll guide you through active-learning assignments and projects while encouraging you to get enthusiastically involved in class discussions. Success here requires active participation and a commitment to writing code and solving problems. You should expect to be very hands-on.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants or needs to learn the fundamentals of programming.
• Graduate students who need develop software as part of their course work or thesis.
• Students in any university program who wish to acquire practical and hands-on skills in programming.
• Web Designers, UX Designers and Quality Assurance Specialists who want to better understand the software development process.
• Developers currently working in another programming language who want to learn Java in an instructor-led setting.
• Developers who want to expand their knowledge of Java in an instructor-led setting.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University