Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Develop an understanding of the structure of listening component of the IELTS test;
• Gain practical experience on how to raise your band score on the listening component;
• Develop an understanding of the different types of question types you will need to perform well during the test;
• Develop test-taking skills and strategies to succeed in the listening component;
• Identify your strengths and weaknesses in the listening component through test simulations.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning, self-assessment activities, demonstrations and individual exercises. In short, you’ll learn by doing.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to take the IELTS for both the Academic and General Training modules of the test for the first time.
• Anyone who has taken the test, but whose listening score was too low.
• Anyone applying for a work visa, professional recognition or permanent residency in Canada.
• Students who plan to enroll in studies at Concordia University or another institution.
• Applicants and international graduates seeking professional registration.
• Candidates for scholarships and/or professional certifications.
• English-language learners who want to track their progress.
• Students and workers applying for visas in countries that require IELTS test results.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University