ENGLISH INTENSIVE ELEMENTARY ONE
If you have a basic knowledge of English and some ability to communicate—let's say, order a latté or ask for directions—and you want to improve, this is the course for you. You'll work on your listening and speaking skills as you build your confidence. You'll also focus on reading and writing, grammar and pronunciation. But most of all, you'll interact with classmates in conversations and activities designed to bring learning to life.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Improve your listening skills so you can discuss ideas and answer questions;
• Increase your ability to speak with ease and confidence;
• Help you read more quickly and efficiently;
• Become a better writer, using complete sentences and formal paragraphs;
• Gain confidence living and working in English;
• Broaden your academic, social and professional horizons;
• Have the intercultural experience of a lifetime;
• Work towards meeting the language-proficiency requirements to enter Concordia University. (add hyperlink to website)
Our approachThis program takes an integrative approach to language learning that is collaborative, experiential, student-centered and community-based. In short, you’ll learn by doing, sharing, exchanging and… living in English.
Who benefits the most?• Elementary-level students who want to improve their English.
• Students who want to work towards their certificate of proficiency.
• Students who want to go on to university in North America.
• People trying to enter the job market or improve their employment opportunities.
• Anyone who wants to discover the English culture in Canada.
Important detailsA placement test will be given prior to registration to ensure you end up in the course that's right for you.
The program is offered 4 times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer)
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University