Prior to becoming a user of the Centre, researchers MUST provide information on the research they wish to conduct at the CMCI.
After receiving the project information, we will contact the user to arrange a training session. All users MUST be trained on the microscope before they can sign up to use that microscope. After training, users will receive a username and password to connect to the CMCI scheduling system (see link below).
Use of the CMCI infrastructure must comply with our booking/cancellation policy.
This policy facilitates fair and equitable access for all users.
- Booking is available up to two weeks in advance.
- Maximum user time is 4 hours per day and 8 hours per week (some experiments may warrant longer usage, please contact the microscope specialist to arrange this).
- Any time that hasn’t been booked 24 hours ahead of time will be open for booking by any user, including those that are over their maximum time usage.
- If users fail to show up for their time and do not cancel 24 hours in advance, they will be charged half price for the entire booking unless someone else uses the microscope at that time. Please contact the Microscope Specialist as soon as you know that you cannot use your time.
- You MUST agree with the last minute cancellation and the no show policy.