Find our hourly rates to use our microscopes, receive technical support, perform image analysis or pay annual rates for access.
- Facility use is based on an online sign-up system, which is the basis for calculating charges.
- All users must provide an internal fund number that will be charged trimonthly.
- It is the responsibility of the faculty member to ensure the fund covers all charges.
|Nikon TiE widefield
|Nikon TiE widefiled color camera DsRi2||$10/hr|
|Nikon TiE widefield TIRF
|Nikon Livescan Sweptfield confocal||$40/hr|
|Nikon C2 laser scanning confocal
|Olympus FV10i laser scanning confocal||$15/hr|
Fees are for faculty members of Concordia University.
Investigators from other academic institutions will be charged 2x fees.
Non-academic users 5x these fees.
|Technical support*||Hourly rate|
|Advanced experimental or technical support
*No charges will be made for questions from users who have received training regarding use and safety of the equipment. But fees will be administered for training, for additional time that may be required for experimental advice, or for extensive use of staff time (beyond training).
Initial training sessions are usually 3 to 4 hours, but they can extend to 8+ hours depending on the equipment and/or experiment. Hourly microscope and training fees will be charged.
All training and technical support is by appointment only and depends on availability. Contact us to book a training session.
|Image analysis||Hourly rate|
Advanced image analysis workstation (AutoQuant, Imaris, ImageJ installed)
|Basic instruction for AutoQuant and Imaris software
We do not offer technical support for image analysis beyond basic instruction.
For a fee the microscope specialist can perform image analysis.
|Carbon dioxide gas for live cell experiments||$1/hr|
|Unlimited use of microscopes by all members of his/her laboratory for one year*||$3,000|
If a member of the Centre expects to use the microscopes frequently, we offer unlimited use of the microscopes (depending on availability) by all members of his/her laboratory for one year at a cost of $3,000.
- This one-time annual fee does not include fees for training, advanced technical support, or reagents.
- Users who do not show up for appointments will be billed regardless of any subscription plan.
- See Booking/Cancellation policy.