About the Chair
Mission & Goals
The Research Chair on Gambling, its first in Quebec, was created in April 2012, at Concordia University, with the financial support from a joint venture between the Foundation Mise sur Toi & the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQ-SC) funding agency (2011).
The Chair’s mission is to take leadership, in close collaboration with its partners and collaborators, in the structuring of gambling risk prevention in Quebec. More precisely, it aims at (a) developping and supporting gambling research projects on current and emerging issues; (b) support and maintain a critical mass of researchers in the gambling research network in Quebec; (c) make a unique and significant contribution to the international network of gambling research; and (d) provide current and accurate information to the prevention networks.
To meet these goals, the Chair is structured around two axis:
(1) Knowledge development & Innovation.
- Develop and support gambling research projects on current and emerging issues
- Generate knowledge to support prevention of gambling harm for gamblers, their environment and the society as a whole.
(2) Co-construction of knowledge.
- Ensure multidisciplinary and diversity of approached and visions
- Strengthen partnerships across various sectors
Research chair structure