Theological Studies (BA)
Bachelor of Arts (BA)Offered by:
Department of Theology, Faculty of Arts & Science
Why choose Theological Studies?
We attract practicing Christians, non-theists, searchers seeking new horizons, or traditionalists studying cultural heritage. By interacting with other belief systems and staying open to diverse interpretations of the Bible, you’ll reflect on your own beliefs and deepen your intellectual understanding of religion.
Theological Studies gives you the tools to have an informed discussion about God, and to address the 21st-century challenges transforming religious faith. You learn creative scholarly methods to examine classical and contemporary theology historically, philosophically, and scripturally. Theology will intersect with the social sciences and other humanist disciplines. You’ll pursue your own theological quest and goals through six areas within Theological Studies:
- Biblical studies
- History of Christianity
- Christian ethics
- Systematic theology
- Church and state relations
Our program gives you concrete tools and skills to engage in many different professions: teaching, research, pastoral ministry, government or non-government positions. It also opens doors to graduate studies.
A Bachelor of Arts degree takes a minimum of three or four years (90 – 120 credits) of full-time study, depending on your academic background.
- Honours in Theological Studies (60 credits)
- Major in Theological Studies (42 credits)
- Minor in Theological Studies (24 credits)
- Certificate in Christian Spirituality (30 credits)
(New program – please contact department for more information.)
No specific courses are required beyond a DEC
Minimum Cut-off Averages
Minimum cut-off averages should be used as indicators. The cut-off data may change depending on the applicant pool. Applicants who meet the stated minimum requirements are not guaranteed admission to these programs.
- Quebec Cegep (CRC): DEC (Honours: 28.000)
- Canadian High Schools: 70% (Honours: 85%)
- U.S. High Schools: 2.5 (Honours: 3.3)
- University Transfers: C (Honours: B+)
- International Bacc. (IB): 27 (Honours: 33)
- Bacc. Français: 11/20 (Honours: 14/20)
Make sure you also meet Concordia’s minimum admission requirements.
Our program opens up many career paths, including:
- Pastoral ministry
- Religious education
- Liberal arts teaching/administration
- Non-therapeutic counseling
- Ethical consulting