SGW establishes an Induction Week for entering students in the Day Division
First issue of TheGeorgian on December 10
First meeting of Alumnus Association of SGWC at Scott's Restaurant, St. Catherine St. West, on October 27 at 10 p.m.
Formal presentation of degrees to first two graduates of SGW, Francis Davison and Leo Germain, on December 17
Official opening and blessing on April 2 of Loyola Chapel, built in memory of the parents of F.C. Smith, S.J. It also served as parish church until the opening of a separate, new St. Ignatius of Loyola church building in 1967.
The first SGWC graduating class receive degrees in Arts, Science and Commerce. The class known as the Guinea Pigs includes the first two graduates from December 1936, and Rita Shane, the first woman graduate.
Loyola wins the Dominion Intercollegiate Debating Championship two years in a row