Le Gym regulations
Access and conduct
You must be a registered member at "Le Gym", please show your membership card at the welcome centre desk prior to training.
Equipment and attire
- All personal items must be stored in the locker rooms upstairs.
- Personal cameras and telephones are not allowed in Le Gym.
- Only sport training clothing, such as T-shirt, shorts or sweat pants and other athletic warm-up gear are to be worn on premises. Jeans, jeans shorts, any article of clothing with zippers or rivets and other regular outdoor attire are not permitted on the fitness centre floor.
- Athletic footwear (closed toe and heel) must be worn by all users while training in the facility. No outside footwear please.
- Water is the only sustenance allowed in this facility. Water must be in a plastic re-sealable container. No gum or other food please.
- Respect the machines (and your body) by using all equipment as per its designed use.
- Please ask for assistance if you are not sure about training methodology.
- Return any portable equipment to its original storage space after use.
- Do not bounce free weights or plates on the MONDO floor. Do not lean plates against adjacent training machines.
- All free weight equipment must be kept in the free weight area
- Train with and attempt only weight resistance that you can safely control.
- Use spotters when using heavy weight on the benches or in the Olympic press area.
- Training belts are to be used only for required training sets.
- Collars (safety clamps) must be used with all bars in the free weightlifting area.
- Do not linger on the machines between sets - so that others can use equipment.
- Please wipe dry any equipment after use using the paper towels and disinfectant provided. Towels are available at the front reception desk for a fee (20 towels for $11.40)
- Weights and bars of any kind cannot be leaned against the wall, pillars, equipment or mirrors.
- Maintain open pathways for easy access and traffic movement.
- Please respect your fellow members training schedules; sign up for cardiovascular equipment may be required during peak periods.
- Members may not remove any equipment from the training area.
- Only Campus Recreation personal trainers on duty are allowed to train clients in the Le Gym fitness centre.
- Le Gym personal trainers have priority to any equipment for personal training program clients.
- Weight and fitness room attendants may ask any patron to leave the facility if necessary.
- Thank you for making this fitness centre your place of training and for complying with these regulations. Our staff has the right to interpret and apply these regulations to ensure maximum service quality and safety to ALL OUR CLIENTS.
- The management of Campus Recreation at Concordia University has the right to cancel membership privileges in case of lack of respect and adherence to the above mentioned regulations.
YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR A BETTER OPERATION OF THIS FACULTY WILL BE WELCOMED AND APPRECIATED.
Lockers are free to use during your activity only.
- Simply bring your own lock or purchase a combination lock at the front reception (5$ + tax).
- Locks left overnight will be removed and all contents will be removed and placed into Campus Recreation storage for 7 days—please stop by the Reception Desk for more information.