Access and conduct
You must be a registered member at "Le Gym", please show your membership card at the welcome centre desk prior to training.
Equipment and attire
- All personal items must be stored in the locker rooms upstairs.
- Personal cameras and telephones are not allowed in Le Gym.
- Only sport training clothing, such as T-shirt, shorts or sweat pants and other athletic warm-up gear are to be worn on premises. Jeans, jeans shorts, any article of clothing with zippers or rivets and other regular outdoor attire are not permitted on the fitness centre floor.
- Athletic footwear (closed toe and heel) must be worn by all users while training in the facility. No outside footwear please.
- Water is the only sustenance allowed in this facility. Water must be in a plastic re-sealable container. No gum or other food please.
- Respect the machines (and your body) by using all equipment as per its designed use.
- Please ask for assistance if you are not sure about training methodology.
- Return any portable equipment to its original storage space after use.
- Do not bounce free weights or plates on the MONDO floor. Do not lean plates against adjacent training machines.
- All free weight equipment must be kept in the free weight area
- Train with and attempt only weight resistance that you can safely control.
- Use spotters when using heavy weight on the benches or in the Olympic press area.
- Training belts are to be used only for required training sets.
- Collars (safety clamps) must be used with all bars in the free weightlifting area.
- Do not linger on the machines between sets - so that others can use equipment.
- Please wipe dry any equipment after use using the paper towels and disinfectant provided. Towel service available at an additional cost.
- Weights and bars of any kind cannot be leaned against the wall, pillars, equipment or mirrors.
- Maintain open pathways for easy access and traffic movement.
- Please respect your fellow members training schedules; sign up for cardiovascular equipment may be required during peak periods.
- Members may not remove any equipment from the training area.
Only Concordia Personal Trainers are allowed to train clients in the Le Gym Facility. Personal training is defined as follows:
- Leading an individual or group through a designed workout and/or;
- Providing one-on-one exercise instruction and education and/or;
- Prescribing a fitness program for another individual and/or;
- Verbally or visually promoting a personal training company and/or;
- Receiving payment for exercise guidance, including the payment of a guest fee.
Anyone suspected of acting as a Personal Trainer by engaging in any one or more of the above activities may be questioned and informed of the Le Gym Concordia policies. Any individual acting as a Personal Trainer, as defined above, or who is not employed by Concordia Athletics and Recreation as a certified personal trainer or strength coach will be asked to cease such activities. Should the individual subsequently fail to comply, all membership and guest privileges may be suspended or revoked for both the individual in question and the client(s) involved.
Reasons non-Concordia Trainers are not entitled to train within the Le Gym Training Facility:
- The Concordia Le Gym Facility cannot adequately control the quality of personal training from individuals not employed by Le Gym. These individuals may not possess adequate academic credentials, ability, training or experience to correctly train clients. In addition, Le Gym is very limited in its ability to regulate these individuals to prevent or correct potential erroneous information or technique(s) from being passed on to clients.
- In Quebec, no regulations exist regarding the profession of personal training. This lack of regulation causes many under-qualified or uneducated "trainers" to claim the title of "Personal Trainer or Strength Coach." Due to liability issues and other reasons listed below, Le Gym Concordia requires all trainers working within the building to maintain certification through a nationally recognized organization and meet specific academic requirements essential for quality personal training. We uphold these strict criteria for our trainers in an effort to ensure that the personal training program remains a quality service at the forefront of this field.
- Individuals not employed by Le Gym Concordia as a Personal Trainer or Strength Coach have not been trained by the Concordia Le Gym staff on policies, rules, guidelines, procedures, or standards and therefore, are unauthorized trainers.
- A legal liability arises for Le Gym Concordia if we are aware of outside personal trainers working within the Le Gym Concordia Facility.
- The use of the Le Gym Concordia Facility for outside personal training is in direct competition with the personal training service that Le Gym offers.
Fitness Centre Attendants may ask any patron to leave the facility if necessary and have the right to interpret and apply these regulations to ensure that all our clients’ training experiences remain positive, safe, and enjoyable.
Concordia Le Gym has the right to revoke membership privileges in case of non-compliance with the above-mentioned regulations.
Your suggestions for a better operation of this facility are welcome.
Lockers are free to use during your activity only.
- Bring your own lock or purchase a lock at the reception desk.
- Locks left overnight will be removed and all contents will be placed into Campus Recreation storage for seven days, please stop by the reception desk for more information.