Bachelor of Science (BSc)offered_by:
Department of Biology, Faculty of Arts & Science
Why study Biology?
Get inspired by life. Immerse yourself in the study of life at all levels, from cell biology and the physiology of multicellular organisms to the interactions between organisms and their environment. Build a strong basis in the essentials, then choose the right topics for your chosen path.
Concordia's Biology department features teaching labs with state-of-the-art equipment that introduce you to the various techniques used in biology research. Small class sizes foster strong student-professor relationships. As a Biology student, you'll follow the Biology core curriculum and additional Biology courses based on your interests. Through labs, lectures and tutorials you will:
- Study genes and how they control cellular and organismal function
- Address fundamental and applied research problems
- Study the chemical and cellular basis of living systems
- Explore the evolution, biodiversity and ecology of organisms and their physiology and morphology
- Receive extensive training in research methodology
- Perform original research as an undergraduate (honours and specialization students only)
Concordia’s hands-on approach provides a solid foundation for a career in the life sciences or environmental sciences, or paves the way for future graduate studies.
A Bachelor of Science degree takes a minimum of three or four years (90 – 120 credits) of full-time study, depending on your academic background.
- Honours in Biology (72 credits)
- Specialization in Biology (60 credits)
- Major in Biology (45 credits)
- Minor in Biology (24 credits)
- Mathematics 103 or 201-NYA and 203 or 201-NYB;
Physics 101 or 203-NYA and 201 or 203-NYB and 301 or 203-NYC
Chemistry 101 or 202-NYA and 201 or 202-NYB;
Biology 301 or 101-NYA;
- Natural Science DEC
- A DEC intégré en sciences, lettres et arts
Minimum Cut-off Averages
(Minimum Cut-off Averages should be used as indicators. Data may change depending on the quality of the application pool.)
- Quebec Cegep (CRC): 23.000 (Honours: 28.000)
- Canadian High Schools: 75% (Honours: 85%)
- U.S. High Schools: 2.8 (Honours: 3.3)
- External Transfers: C+ (Honours: B+)
- International Bacc. (IB): 28 (Honours: 33)
- Bacc. Français: 11/20 (Honours: 14/20)
Science programs require completion of Série S (Sciences) Bacc. Français.
- Limited enrolment program
Biology undergraduates have the foundation to pursue graduate studies or medicine. Biology alumni have established careers in a variety of science fields that include:
- Environmental management
- Science education