Loyola and Sir George Williams as early Neighbours
Between 1912 and 1916 Loyola and what would soon become SGW were neighbours.
After a fire in 1898 Loyola moved to Drummond south of Ste-Catherine, to the former Tucker School, on the site of what is now the Hotel Europa. Jesuit-run Loyola remained on Drummond between 1898 and 1916 until the move to the new west-end campus was complete. The YMCA and its education program, which would soon become Sir George Williams College, moved to its newly built facilities on Drummond Street north of Ste-Catherine in 1912. The two were a mere one block away from each other for a brief four years. After many decades of being cross-town rivals Loyola and Sir George Williams would join forces to create Concordia University in 1974.