To maintain accurate, complete and timely financial information with respect to the University's operating funds. To provide the tools, guidance and assistance necessary to the Concordia community to effectively and efficiently manage their operating funds in order to achieve their academic goals. To provide timely and reliable financial and management reporting to internal and external governing bodies.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the University Community on the University's accounting structure, taxes (GST&QST) and answering accounting questions.
- Ensuring the University's Financial Statements are accurate and in accordance with Canadian Accounting Standard for Non-Profit Organizations (CASFNPO).
- Reporting to externals, financial information in accordance with the law and guidelines of the external regulatory bodies.
- Administering, planning, and coordinating banking and balance sheet accounts reconciliation and journal entry for Operating Funds.
- Manage year-end system closing processes and providing timely year-end communication on accounting guidelines to the community.
- Coordinate and support all departments during the University external audit.