Assistant Professor, English
PhD, University of California-Los Angeles, 2015
BA, Cornell University (Magna Cum Laude with distinction in all subjects), 2007
Peer- reviewed Publications
▪ “Lewis Carroll's Alice Books and the Ones and Twos of Femininity." Under Review, differences.
▪ “Precarious Lives: Christina Rossetti and the Form of Likeness.” Victorian Literature and Culture 45.4 (2017).
▪ “Charles Baudelaire and Feminine Singularity.” French Studies 70:1 (January 2016).
▪ Replotting Marriage in Nineteenth-Century British Literature, eds. Jill Galvan and Elsie Michie. Nineteenth-Century Literature (Forthcoming).
▪ Penis Envy and Other Bad Feelings. By Mari Ruti. ASAP/J (2018).
▪ Willful Submission: Sado-Erotics and Heavenly Marriage in Victorian Religious Poetry. By Amanda Paxton. Nineteenth-Century Contexts 40.2 (2018).
▪ Multimedia Archaeologies: Gabriele D’Annunzio, Belle Époque Paris,and the Total Artwork by Andrea Mirabile. Comparative Literature Studies 53.1 (2016).
Selected Other Publications
▪ "Politics, Inclusion, and Social Practice." V21 Collective, 12 December 2016.
▪ “Thinking Singularity.” V21 Collective, 20 April 2015.
▪ Review: A Life with Mary Shelley by Barbara Johnson. The New Inquiry, 14 October 2014.
▪ “The Sins of the Fathers: Élizabeth Roudinesco’s Lacan in Spite of Everything.” Los Angeles Review of Books, 1 June 2014.
▪ “Alain Badiou in Southern California: A Politics of the Impossible.” Los Angeles Review of Books, 6 February 2014.
▪“Hitting on Infinity: Mari Ruti’s The Singularity of Being.” Los Angeles Review of Books, 27 August 2013.
▪ Review: Calcutta by Amit Chaudhuri. The Rumpus, 25 April 2013.
Undergraduate Courses (Concordia): 18th and 19th Century Women Writers; 19th-Century Poetry; Literature of the Victorian Period; British Literature from 1660-1900; Victorian and Edwardian Literature; Advanced Topics in Gender and Sexuality
Graduate Courses (Concordia): Odd Women of the 19th Century: Gender, Form, and Difference (Fall 2018)