The thematic workshop videos are now available online!
Blockchain, crypto, and gambling: Evolving overlaps
Day 1: May 10, 2021
Blockchain is the technology behind crypto currencies and these can be used to gamble. While straightforward, this is the least important overlap of blockchain, crypto and gambling. This workshop gives insights into their continuous entanglement. Trading crypto derivatives with a 100x leverage is discussed as well as decentralized gambling offers that are run by decentralized computer code without any ownership. The interactive discussion will focus on the implications for regulation and public health.
This workshop is for any participant who is interested in:
- learning more about how blockchain can disrupt gambling as we currently know it;
- a proactive discussion on how the adverse consequences of this development can best be mitigated.
An interactive venture into the world of video games
Day 2: May 11, 2021
Guided by three experienced gamers and coaches, the participants of this workshop will have the opportunity to get a close examination of video games and their specific components. Participants will take part in interactive platforms where, guided by the facilitators, they will be able to learn and experiment from the position of a video game player.
This workshop will provide a better understanding of how the use of sophisticated technologies and platforms shapes our relationships with the game and explore the environment within which gaming experiences occur. This workshop aims to:
- Explain the excitement and interests surrounding sporting games examined from the context of sport and culture;
- Experience the game from a player’s perspective in a digitalized environment.
Online intervention: who, how, why?
Day 3: May 12, 2021
You will be invited to a simulated discussion where you will be expected to take on the role of different stakeholders involved in the development of online tools in support of intervention. What are the most important factors to take into consideration? How will your experience with online intervention during the pandemic influence your reflections? Through this interactive workshop, we will delve further into what was discussed during the morning session.
This workshop aims to:
- Examine the implications of online tools for intervention;
- Incorporate and integrate knowledge from morning presentations;
- Share your thoughts with other participants.