(514) 848-2424, ext. 4986
We offer high quality international liaison services to students, faculties and partner institutions. Learn more about us.
Please note that our office will be closed on Fridays from June 10 until August 12.
Get your video cameras, smart phones, or any other picture-taking or recording apparatus ready for the 2016 Concordia International Study Abroad Photo and Video Contest! Show the Concordia community what it’s like to study abroad, share your experience with us, and you could win some great prizes!
Concordia students who are on exchange in the Fall and/or Winter of 2015-16 are eligible to participate. We will be accepting entries until August 1, 2016.
This year, we are offering three *prizes* for first, second, and third place winners! Prizes consist of travel vouchers to help support your next voyage. The 2016 Study Abroad Video Contest entries will be judged by members of CSEA – the Concordia Student Exchange Association - in conjunction with Concordia International’s Christine Archer.
To inspire you, here is a list of winning videos from last year’s contest:
1.) Michele for her video Tokyo Exchange
2.) Patrick for his video A Year Abroad at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
All video submissions must include the following information: student’s name, student’s program, name of the host institution, location (city, country) of the host institution.
Videos must contain an image of the host institution, and some details about your experience as an exchange student, and should not be longer than 3 minutes.
Students who submit a video will not need to submit an exchange report to their International Liaison Officer (another great reason to get filming!).
Videos containing nudity, alcohol or drug use, sexual content, obscenities, or any other offensive content will not be accepted.
One submission per student please.
Video Submission Instructions:
1) Upload your video to YouTube by August 1, 2016 (midnight, Montreal time). Videos are accepted in a range of formats, listed on the YouTube site. For instructions on how to upload to YouTube, visit the site. If you do not already have a free YouTube account, you will need to create one.
2) In the title box on the YouTube upload page, list the title of your video. Set the privacy setting as “public” and the license as “standard.”
3) Once your video is uploaded, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Your name(s), and Concordia Student ID number(s),
• The YouTube URL of your video,
• The title of your video,
• A signed waiver for each Concordia student who collaborated on this video. The waiver is attached to this email.
You will receive a confirmation email that your video submission has been received within a week. If you do not, contact email@example.com
More details about prizes to be won coming soon!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What we can do for you:
- Current partnerships
Concordia University has many agreements with educational institutions, as well as, research organizations. These agreements cover a variety of relationships, ranging from facilitating academic exchanges to research collaborations. See a list of our current partners.
- Information for current exchange partners
If you are an advisor at one of Concordia’s partner universities, please download Concordia Guidelines & Fact Sheet.
- Prospective partnerships
Institutions or Organizations who are interested in establishing new partnerships with Concordia University should contact: Mr. Andrew Lang, Director, Concordia International.