Full-time Lecturer, Marketing
Part-time Lecturer, Management
Roumen Solov has more than 20 years of scientific research experience in international economic and political relations as senior research fellow at Institute of International Relations, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. He also was Director of the Global Politics Department of the Institute
He also accumulated 15 years of practical management and consulting experience in international marketing, international business development and project management.
He has more than 20 years of teaching experience, in Canada and Europe of which 17 at Concordia University, JM School of Business in the Marketing and Management departments. For the Marketing department he is teaching international marketing, environment of world business, cross-cultural communication and management. He also taught in Europe
Dr. Solov speaks fluently English, French, German, Bulgarian (native) and Russian.
He received many awards, among which the most important are:
- Concordia University Graduate Studies Award (1993)
- Special award by Dean Lester Thurow, Sloan School of Management, MIT, (Cambridge, MA, USA) for the Senior Executive MBA Program (1992)
- U.S. Government award to participate in a seminar at the Institute of World Affairs, Salisburg, CT, U.S.A, topic: "Contemporary World Politics and U.S. Foreign Policy" (1986)
- Harvard University (Cambridge, MA, U.S.A.) award to participate in its Salzburg Seminar, Austria, topic: “Governability of Society” (1980)
Ph.D. in economics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria, 1978
Areas of expertise
- International marketing management
- International business environment
- Cross-cultural communication and management