Anjali Awasthi, PhD
Associate Professor, Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering
Dr. Nazemi joined the department in August 2015 as a Strategic Hire in the area of Water Resources. Prior to this, he worked shortly as a Senior Hydrologist for the Saskatchewan Water Security Agency and provided science support to the provincial government on regional water resource management and operation. He is a postdoctoral veteran and an Associate Member of the Global Institute for Water Security and holds an Adjunct Professor position with the School of Environment and Sustainability at the University of Saskatchewan.
Dr. Nazemi's broad research goes under developing new methodologies and modeling tools and for addressing water security challenges, particularly under climate and anthropogenic changes. He is committed to communicating research findings with public and providing high-quality training to the next generation of water security experts in Canada and elsewhere.
- PhD. (2009), The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK.
- MSc. (2003), Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran.
- BSc. (2000), KNT University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
Honors and Awards
- 2005 - 2009: Holder of the prestigious Dorothy Hodgkin Postgraduate Award (DHPA) from the UK government.
- 2004 - 2007: Holder of the Post Graduate Teaching Award (PGTA) from The University of Birmingham.
- 2006: Best Presentation Award, Evolutionary Multi-objective Optimization Session, IEEE 7th World Congress on Computational Intelligence, Vancouver, Canada.