Dr. Ashutosh Bagchi, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair, Building, Civil, and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Bagchi received the Ph.D. degree in Civil (Structural) Engineering from Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, M.S. degree in Civil (Structural) Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, and B.Eng. degree in Civil Engineering from Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India.
His research interests include Structural Dynamics and Earthquake engineering, Structural Health Monitoring, Infrastructure Rehabilitation, Finite and Boundary Element Methods, and Computer Aided Design and Engineering.
Dr. Bagchi has industrial experience in both Civil Engineering and Information Technology. He has received a number of prestigious awards including the NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship and ISIS Canada Postdoctoral Fellowships, ENCS Teaching Excellence Award, Concordia University Provost's Fellow.
He is a licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario and affiliated to CSCE, ASCE, CAEE, and ISHMII. He has authored/coauthored more than one hundred articles in technical journals and conferences, two patent applications, and a number of technical reports for academia and industry, and delivered keynote and invited lectures in National and International Conferences.
- Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
- Rehabilitation and Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of Civil Infrastructure
- Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Finite and Boundary Element Methods
- Computer Aided Design and Engineering / Information Technology
- Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) (CIVI 6061)
- Earthquake Engineering (CIVI 7001)
- Civil Engineering Design Project (CIVI 390)
- Building Engineering Design Project (BLDG 390)
- Integrated Civil Engineering Design Project – Capstone (CIVI 490)
- Structural Dynamics (BCEE 455/ENGR 6581)
- Structural Analysis I (BCEE 342)
- Structural Analysis II (BCEE 343)
- Computer Aided Building Design (BLDG 459/6951)
- Mechanics of Materials (ENGR 244)
- Mechanical Analysis (ENCS 245)
- Statics (ENGR 242)
- Surveying (CIVI 271)
- Structural Design III (UM 23.403 at the University of Manitoba, 2004)
- Engineering Mechanics (ECOR 1101 at Carleton University, 2002)