Calling all Concordia students: it’s Shuffle time!
The Concordia Shuffle is an annual walkathon to raise funds for scholarships, bursaries and student resources and services.
“Shuffle is a great way to help make life a bit easier for fellow students,” says Jamie Fabian, a second-year undergraduate student in Concordia’s School of Community & Public Affairs and recipient of a Shuffle entrance scholarship.
“For many students, the point of going to university is to have a positive impact on society and the Shuffle is an easy and fun way of doing that.”
Normally, hundreds of Shufflers — many of them Concordia staff and faculty — walk, run or cycle 6.5 kilometres from the downtown Sir George Williams Campus to Loyola Campus, located in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. This year things will look slightly different due to the ongoing pandemic.
Shuffle 31 marks Concordia’s first-ever virtual walkathon and will be held over an entire week from September 18 to 25. This will allow Shufflers to participate at any time from anywhere in the world — either outdoors in their neighbourhoods or from the comfort of their homes using exercise equipment.
“If all of us registered and raised just $5 to $10 each, imagine how many students would benefit,” says Fabian. “Doing one small thing can start a chain reaction than can make all the difference in the end.”
When is it?
- Online opening ceremony: Friday, September 18, at 11 a.m.
- Online closing ceremony: Friday, September 25, at 2 p.m.
How do I participate?
- Visit www.concordia.ca/shuffle to register.
- Start fundraising — encourage family and friends to sponsor you. Students who raise $25 or more will be eligible to win great Shuffle prizes.
- Consider creating or joining a team to raise funds for an award or Concordia program that is important to you.
- Combine your fundraising goal with a fitness challenge by connecting your Strava and Shuffle profiles.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com or 514-848-2424, ext. 5427.
P.S. We want to see your Shuffle pride! Share your Strava Shuffle experience on social media by posting your pictures and tagging #CUshuffle. Check out our Virtual Shuffle Kit for T-shirt templates and show us your creativity.