Alumni support for students
Alumni Relations encourages student growth with events and projects focused on skill, professional and career development. We recognize student success and provide funding for student projects and conferences.
Concordia’s global community comprises 200,000 accomplished alumni with diverse backgrounds, experience and success stories.
We connect our alumni to our student community in a variety of initiatives and events throughout the academic year.
Join our mailing list to receive invitations for networking and professional development events on campus. At these events, our alumni actively connect and share their insight, career advice and experiences with you.
Alumni engagement requests
Alumni want to get involved on campus as a way of giving back to Concordia.
We look for opportunities to have them involved in ways that enhance the student experience, like networking with students, speaking at student events, giving industry and career advice and getting involved with student development-focused initiatives and events.
If you need a cool guest speaker, performer or industry expert, we can do the work to find you the right alumni for your project or event.
Fill out the form and we’ll be in touch to discuss your request.
Watch the amazing accomplishments of some of our alumni and check out some of Great Concordians.
Opportunities and resources
To develop students as leaders, we encourage students who start new initiatives that work towards improving campus life and creating a positive impact on the Concordia community.
Let us help you succeed by giving you insight on special opportunities and resources.
As a Student Leader, you will have the opportunity to attend unique events that will encourage personal growth and development for success.
A Student Leader is involved in one or many of the following activities:
- involved with an association or club on campus
- volunteering on campus
- assisting Concordia students through various means
- working on a project that impacts student life
Get on the list to be invited to these events.
Whether you’re involved on campus and looking for support or you’re simply interested in learning more about leadership – we are here to help.
Get in touch with us! We’re happy to help with support, development opportunities within our programs and connections with our partners on campus.
Student initiatives and achievements
We take pride in positive student impact, big or small! We strive to build awareness of student achievements and we want to recognize initiatives, hard work and success.
There are three ways we will recognize you for an achievement, for receiving an award or for work on a unique project or cause:
- In-person meeting and interview
- News article published for on the Concordia website and in the NOW newsletter
- Shout-out on social media platforms
Note – only selected applicants will receive all three forms; most may receive one or two.
Recognition for a CAUSE
You’re volunteering on campus for a great student cause and contributing to the Concordia community. We want to share this with our alumni and networks.
Student causes include:
- Student-led group of volunteers with a defined direction and goal
- Involves two or more people within Concordia
- Aims to make a positive impact on students or the surrounding community
- Work is continuous throughout the year or repeats every year
Recognition for a PROJECT
You had a great idea and managed to make it happen. Let us know about your success and we’ll support your work with the recognition it deserves.
- are led by one person or a group of people;
- benefit a group of Concordia students;
- further student welfare on campus;
- have a completion date.
Recognition for an AWARD
You’ve just won an award! Let us know what it is – we take pride in outstanding student achievement and accomplishments on campus and in the larger global community.
Student awards for recognition include:
- Trophy, medal, plaque or prize that recognizes your excellence in a certain field
- Includes awards offered by Concordia and outside of Concordia
- Scholarships and bursaries are not included.
Supporting student projects
Need funding for your project idea? The Concordia University Alumni Association (CUAA) takes pride in supporting student initiatives and encouraging student success.
Applications are reviewed four times a year and are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The project must benefit a group of Concordia students.
- The project must further student welfare on campus.
- Applicants must be full/part time Concordia students or a recognized Concordia student association.
- The project must promote an awareness of the CUAA and its student benefits and services.
- Trips to conferences and competitions are not eligible for funding.
All applicants will receive application results via email.
How to apply
Prepare the following documents in ELECTRONIC FORMAT (MS Word or PDF):
- Letter of intent (approx 250 words) which describes the project in detail: its main objectives and how it meets the evaluation criteria listed above.
- Budget (include other sources of funding, if any)
- Letters of support (optional but recommended)
Once you have these documents:
CUAA Application for Student Project Funding
c/o: Alumni Officer, Students and Young Alumni
1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., Suite FB-520
Montreal, QC H3G 1M8
1250 Guy St., Suite 520 (5th floor)
|Deadline for submissions||Disbursement of funds|
Thanking on social media
Once you have received confirmation that your funding has been accepted, please do the following:
When applying for Project and Conference Funding, be sure to include a thank you to us in your social media, before, during or after your application process as well as throughout the project, event or conference.
You can also include us in your social media prior to approval of funding.
Please include our hashtag or tag us as appropriate:
- Hashtag: #CUalumni
- Twitter handle: @ConcordiaAlumni
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Concordia.Alumni
Thank you! We look forward to reviewing your application.