Give your work life a spring cleaning
Spring has sprung! This season, dust off more than just your shelves — give your work life a cleaning, too!
From April 1 to 26, Concordia’s Records Management and Archives (RMA) is hosting the second edition of its annual event, Celebrate Records Management. Staffed by records experts and professional archivists, RMA provides services and support to help Concordia faculty and staff better organize their documents.
“This campaign aims to bring awareness to the wealth of services we offer, the work we do as archivists and the importance of keeping one’s records well organized,” says Marie-Pierre Aubé, university archivist.
Scheduled activities include an online scavenger hunt on Cspace, a records management booth and several useful training sessions. You’ll also be able to book a records management analyst to help you with your spring-cleaning bonanza.
“Whether we’re talking emails, reports, receipts, research documents or physical files, a record is any type of information that you receive or produce,” says Aubé. “We can help you organize, retain and dispose of these records accordingly.”
The month of events is an opportunity for faculty and staff to take some time to clean up their office space, get rid of the pending filing accumulating and send RMA their valuable documents for archiving.
Plus, participants in any of the following activities have a chance to win a $50 gift card:
- Records management booth: On April 17, share coffee and sweets with RMA staff and ask your questions directly. The event takes place in the atrium of the Engineering, Computer Science and Visual Arts Integrated Complex (EV Building). Test how fast you can assemble an archive box or see how good you fare at managing your personal documents at home. Not sure what to do with some documents? Bring them along with you.
- Sign up for one of three RMA trainings sessions:
- April 4: Basic notions – learn the dos and don’ts of document management.
- April 11: Email management – make the most of your email.
- April 18: Boxing procedure – learn how to send RMA your documents to clear your computer or your office.
For more information or to register, contact Julie Daoust at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fun virtual scavenger hunt: Just download the list of questions on the RMA’s recently updated Cspace page and submit your answers before April 26.
- Records day: Book an appointment by email with a records management analyst to assist you in reorganizing your shared drive or coordinating deposits to archives.
You can also email email@example.com or call 514-848-2424, ext. 7775, to:
- Get advice and recommendations for implementing document management best practices in your unit.
- Schedule a records management workshop or register your team for training sessions.
- Send your questions and comments.
Find out more about Records Management and Archives at Concordia.