Our researchers have expertise in theoretical and experimental condensed matter physics, theoretical particle physics, laser optics and photonics, molecular modeling/computational physics, physics education as well as in experimental nano-scale and mesoscopic physics, and molecular biophysics with special interest in solar energy conversion.
The theoretical and experimental research fields are supported by state-of-the-art facilities, a few of them are rare in Canada or even in the world. For a detailed list and description of Concordia's facilities please visit the research section of the Faculty of Arts & Science. Our research groups, listed below, also list specialized equipment used in their labs.
Research areas & research groups
Medical Physics Imaging
- Dr. Claudine Gauthier | Gauthier Research Group (experimental, cerebral, vascular)
- Dr. Christophe Grova | Grova Research Group (experimental, brain imaging)
Condensed Matter Physics
- Dr. Pablo Bianucci | Bianucci Research Group (experimental, photonics, materials)
- Dr. Alexandre Champagne | Champagne Research Group (experimental, 2D materials)
- Dr. Sushil K. Misra | Misra Research Group (experimental, EPR spectroscopy)
- Dr. P. Vasilopoulos | Vasilopoulos Research Group, (theoretical, low dimensional sytems)
- Dr. Truong Vo-Van | Vo-Van Research Group (experimental, nanotechnology)
- Dr. Ingo Salzmann | Salzmann Reseach Group (experimental, organic semiconductors)