Sushil Misra, Ph.D
Misra Research Group
Sushil Misra, Ph.D
Ali Samaei, M.Sc. student (co-supervised with Dr. Laszo Kalman)
Metal binding to native and mutant bacterial reaction centers
Lin Lee, Ph.D. student
- Alsawafta, Mohammed (2012) Optical properties of metallic nanoparticles and metallic nanocomposite materials. PhD
- Rinaldi, Gino (2001) An X- and Q-band electron paramagnetic resonance study of Mn2+ in a single crystal of NH4Cl0.9I0.1 in the temperature range 77-295 K. Masters
- Sun, Jiansheng (1991) Electron paramagnetic resonance studies of single crystals of Mn -doped (NH ) SO , Gd -doped NH Pr(SO ) .4H O,VO -doped M(NH ) (SO ) .6H O (M = Cd, Co, Fe, Mg, Zn) and Mg(ND ) (SO ) .6D O, and Cu -doped MNa (SO ) .4H O (M = Co, Mg). PhD
- Orhun, Ufuk (1991) Electron paramagnetic resonance linewidth and spin-lattice relaxation in single crystals : presence of dissimilar spins, application of site percolation and percolation-limited diffusion. PhD
- Wang, Chunzheng (1990) Electron paramagnetic resonance and optical-absorption studies on Cu²⁽ r impurity in single/poly crystals of hydrated monopyrazine zinc sulphate, (cadmium, nickel, magnesium)-ammonium sulphate, and magnesium acetate. PhD
X-band (~9.5 GHz) and Q-band (~35 GHz) CW (continuous wave) EPR spectrometers, operational in the 4.2 – 1000 K temperature range
Books and Book chapters
282. S. K. Misra and S. I. Andronenko, A review of EPR studies on magnetization of nanoparticles of dilute magnetic semiconductors doped by transition-metal ions, Materials Today, Proceedings 00(2017) 0000-0000 (Peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings, ICN3i_2017)
280. S. K. Misra and S. I. Andronenko, EPR and FMR of SiCN ceramics and SiCN magnetic derivatives, Chap. 10, Frontiers in magnetic Resonance: EPR in Modern carbon based nanomaterials, 2017. D. Savchenko and Abdel Hadi Kassiba, Eds., Bentham Science Publishers (Book Chapter)
279. S. K. Misra, Fundamentals of Electron Paramagnetic Resonance in Modern Carbon-based Materials, Chap. 1, Frontiers in magnetic Resonance: EPR in Modern carbon based nanomaterials, 2017, 8-40. D. Savchenko and Abdel Hadi Kassiba, Eds., Bentham Science Publishers (Book Chapter)
278. Quantum Computing/Quantum Information Processing in view of Electron Magnetic /Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Technique/Spectroscopy, to be published in Electron Spin Quantum Computing: Electron Spin-Qubit Based Quantum Computing and Quantum Information Processing, Biological Magnetic Resonance Vol. 31 (2016)
275. Quantum Computing/Quantum Information Processing in view of Electron Magnetic /Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Technique/Spectroscopy, to be published in Electron Spin Quantum Computing: Electron Spin-Qubit Based Quantum Computing and Quantum Information Processing, Biological Magnetic Resonance Vol. 31 (2014)
270. “Multifrequency Electron Paramagnetic Resonance: Data and Techniques”, Edited by S. K. Misra, April 2014. with a long chapter on “Multifrequency Transition-Metal ion Data Tabulation, covering the period of 20 years (1993-2012), (Wiley-VCH, Berlin, Germany).
Papers Published in peer-reviewed journals
281. S.I. Andronenko, A.A. Rodionov, S.K. Misra, 2018. A Variable Temperature X- and W-Band EPR Study of Fe-Doped SiCN Ceramics Annealed at 1000, 1100, and 1285 °C: Dangling Bonds, Ferromagnetism and Superparamagnetism, Applied Magnetic Resonance, 49, iss. 4, pp.335-344 DOI 10.1007/s00723-017-0973-y
277. S.K. Misra, S.I.Andronenko, D.Tipikin, J.H.Freed , V.Somani, Om Prakash,2016, Study of paramagnetic defect centers in as-grown and annealed TiO2 anatase and rutile nanoparticles by a variable-temperature X-band and high-frequency(236GHz) EPR, J. of Magn. and Magn. Mat.401,495–505.
276. Sushil K. Misra . Lin Li . Sudip Mukherjee .Goutam Ghosh, 2015. Anisotropic magnetic field observed at 300 K in citrate coatediron oxide nanoparticles: effect of counterions, J Nanopart Res (2015) 17:487 (11 pages)
275. S. K. Misra and C. Z. Rudowicz, 2015, Concepts of zero-field splitting Hamiltonian (HZFS), crystal-field Hamiltonian (HCF), effective and fictitious spins, EPR Newsletter 25, 24-28.
274. S. K. Misra, S. A. Andronenko, A. Thurber, and A. Punnoose, 2015. An X-band Co2+ EPR Study of Zn1-xCoxO (x =0.005 – 0.1) nanoparticles prepared by chemical hydrolysis methods using diethylene glycol and denaturated alcohol at 5 K, Journal of Magnetism and MagneticMaterials 394, 138–142
273. S. A. Andronenko and S. K. Misra, 2015. A review of EPR studies on magnetization of nanoparticles of dilute magnetic semiconductors doped by transition-metal ions, Applied Magnetic Resonance, 46, 693–707.
272. Spin-lattice relaxation, phase transitions and spin-Hamiltonian parameters of a Gd3+-doped Y(BrO3)3·9H2O single crystal as studied by electron paramagnetic resonance, S. K. Misra and Lin Li, Applied Magnetic Resonance DOI 10.1007/s00723-015-0706-z.
271. S.K. Misra and A. Michaels, 2015, High frequency (208 GHz) determination of the cubic spin Zeeman term for the U3+ ion in the dilute magnetic semiconductor crystals of Pb1-xUxTe and Pb1-xUxSe at 5K by Electron Paramagnetic Resonance, J. Magn. & Magn Mat. 378, 170–173.
269. S. K. Misra, S. I. Andronenko, A. Thurber, A. Punnoose, and A. Nalepa, 2014. An X- and Q-band Fe3+ EPR Study of Nanoparticles of Magnetic Semiconductor Zn1-xFexO, J. Magn. Magn. Mat. 363, 82–87.
268. S. K. Misra, S. I. Andronenko, J. D. Harris, A. Thurber, G. L. Beausoleil II and A. Punnoose, April 2013, Ferromagnetism in Annealed Ce0.95Co0.05O2 and Ce0.95Ni0.05O2 Nanoparticles, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 13, 6798-6805 (2013).
267 Anand Prakash, S. K. Misra, and D. Bahadur, The role of reduced graphene oxide capping on defect induced ferromagnetism of ZnO nanorods, Nanotechnology 24, 095705 (2013) (10pp)
266. Thomas Lohmiller, William Ames, Nicholas Cox, Wolfgang Lubitz, and Sushil K. Misra, EPR Spectroscopy and Electronic Structure of the Oxygen-Evolving Complex of Photosystem II, Applied Magnetic Resonance 44, 691-720 (2013).
265. S.I. Andronenko, A.A. Rodionov, A.V. Fedorova, S.K. Misra, Electron Paramagnetic Resonance study of (La0.33Sm0.67)0.67Sr0.33-xBaxMnO3 (x<0.1): Griffith’s phase, J. Magn. Magn. Materials. 326, 151-156 (2013)
264. S. K. Misra and B. Regler, 2012, A low temperature (10 K) high-frequency (208 GHz) EPR-Study of the non-Kramers ion Mn3+ in a MnMo6Se8 single crystal, Applied Magnetic Resonance, DOI 1007/500723-012-0380-3.
263. S.K. Misra, and S. Diehl, 2012 “Theory of EPR lineshape in samples concentrated in paramagnetic spins: Effect of enhanced internal magnetic field on high-field high-frequency (HFHF) EPR lineshape” J. Magn. Reson. 219, 53-60.
262. S. I. Andronenko, R. R. Andronenko, S. K. Misra. 2012, An X- and Q-band Gd3+ EPR study of a single crystal of EuAlO3: EPR linewidth variation with temperature and low-symmetry effects, Physica B 407, 1203-1208.