Full-time tenure-track and tenured positions
Tenure-track position in Applied Economics
The Department of Economics at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, invites applications for one junior tenure-track position in applied economics. We are interested in candidates who conduct applied economic research in fields such as financial economics, industrial organization or international economics. Extraordinary candidates from other fields will also be considered. The ideal candidate is committed to research and graduate student supervision. An ability to teach effectively at the graduate and undergraduate levels in one of the three specified fields is necessary. A PhD or imminent PhD at the time of application is required and must be completed prior to the start of the appointment. Appointments at a more senior level may also be considered.
It is preferable for candidates to register and submit materials electronically to econjobmarket.org. Applications must consist of a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, a research statement, a statement of teaching philosophy/interests, and if possible evidence of teaching effectiveness. Candidates must also arrange to have three letters of reference sent directly to econjobmarket.org. Otherwise materials can be mailed to:
Dr. Greg LeBlanc, Chair
Department of Economics
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Montreal, QC, H3G 1M8
Subject to budgetary approval, we anticipate filling this position, normally at the rank of Assistant Professor, for August 1, 2018. All applications should reach departments no later than Thursday, December 21, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. All inquiries about the position should be directed to Dr. LeBlanc.
Please also check the openings in the Faculty of Arts and Science.
Part-time teaching positions
Courses available for part-time faculty are posted on the following dates:
- February 1
- May 1
- October 1
Deadlines to apply:
- February 15
- May 15
- October 15
To view and/or apply for part-time faculty positions please log onto FRIS (Faculty Resource Information System) at fris.concordia.ca. A list of available courses for Economics is also posted outside H 1150.
University staff opportunities
- ENROLMENT SERVICES ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT (P2504A)
- INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS) TECHNICIAN (P1747)
- JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (JMSB) COORDINATOR, SPECIAL PROJECTS AND EVENTS PLANNING (P1631)
- BOOKSTORE EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS COORDINATOR (P4666)
- UNIVERSITY SECRETARIAT OFFICER, ACCESS AND PRIVACY (C4618)
- ADVANCEMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS (AAR) DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCE (C1834)
- STUDENT SUCCESS CENTRE CAREER COUNSELLOR (P1889)
- UNIVERSITY SECRETARIAT OFFICER, POLICES AND GOVERNANCE (C4640)
- DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM COORDINATOR AND STUDENT ADVISOR (P1897)
- JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADVISOR, STUDENT ACADEMIC SERVICES (P1901)