Advising, forms & support
If you are a newly-admitted student:
- YOU MUST ATTEND an Orientation/Advising Session before you can register for courses.
- Bring your letter of acceptance to the Orientation Session.
- Please consult the new student Orientation/Advising Session schedule for dates.
- No appointment is necessary.
- Dates and times may change, so always verify the most current schedule.
About the Orientation Session
In the Orientation Sessions, the Director of the Undergraduate Program will provide important information on degree requirements, course prerequisites and Concordia’s academic regulations. Pay close attention to course equivalences and exemptions in order to avoid unnecessarily repeating equivalent courses and possibly delaying graduation. Since most economics courses have to be taken in sequence, the Director will recommend a course timetable so that you can graduate in a timely manner.
Preparing for the Orientation Session
Before coming to an Orientation Session, you should have a good idea of what courses you want to take in the coming year. Please:
- Bring your letter of acceptance that states the courses for which you may have received exemptions.
- Familiarize yourself with the Undergraduate Program Calendar and the Class Schedule.
- Make sure that your desired set of courses is feasible–i.e., that you have the pre-requisites and that it works in terms of your timetable.
- An adviser in the ECON department will discuss this file. Please take a look and prepare questions to ask during the orientation.
Consult the Advising Schedules below. No appointment is necessary. Dates and times may change, so always check for the most current schedule. Please bring a copy of your student record (transcripts) with you.
Student Request Forms
- If you wish to late withdraw a course, late add a course, ask for a refund for a course, click on the link below. [Fill out the form, supply all supporting documents, and bring the documents to H1155.55]
- Late Registration and Withdrawal Form.
- All other requests, such as taking a course for a third time, credit overload, etc., click on the link below. [Fill out the form, supply all supporting documents, and bring the documents to H1155.55]
- Form for other Requests.
If you need help, please contact the following:
Dr. Carol Lau
Undergraduate Program Director
514-848-2424, ext. 3929