Concordia University

Advising, forms & support

If you are a newly-admitted student:

  • YOU MUST ATTEND an Orientation/Advising Session before you can register for courses. 
  • Bring your letter of acceptance to the Orientation Session.  
  • Please consult the new student Orientation/Advising Session schedule for dates. 
  • No appointment is necessary. 
  • Dates and times may change, so always verify the most current schedule.

About the Orientation Session

In the Orientation Sessions, the Director of the Undergraduate Program will provide important information on degree requirements, course prerequisites and Concordia’s academic regulations. Pay close attention to course equivalences and exemptions in order to avoid unnecessarily repeating equivalent courses and possibly delaying graduation. Since most economics courses have to be taken in sequence, the Director will recommend a course timetable so that you can graduate in a timely manner.

Preparing for the Orientation Session

Before coming to an Orientation Session, you should have a good idea of what courses you want to take in the coming year. Please:

  • Bring your letter of acceptance that states the courses for which you may have received exemptions.
  • Familiarize yourself with the Undergraduate Program Calendar and the Class Schedule.
  • Make sure that your desired set of courses is feasible–i.e., that you have the pre-requisites and that it works in terms of your timetable.
How to read the Course Calendar

Section numbers are designed as follows:

ECON xxx/y zz (e.g. ECON 201/2 AA)

xxx        Course number eg: 201       (always 3 figures)

y = 1      Summer semester     (3 credits)

y = 2      Fall semester              (3 credits)

y = 4      Winter semester         (3 credits)

y = 3      Both semesters          (6 credits)

zz Section: zz = single letter (e.g.  A) Day section, SGW campus. Double letter (e.g. AA) Evening section, SGW campus. Low number (e.g.  01) Day section, Loyola campus. High number (e.g.  51) Evening section, Loyola campus.

If you are a current student, you:

  • Must bring a paper copy of your recent Concordia transcript to meet with an advisor.  
  • In addition, bring all relevant and available information, including your tentative set of courses for the coming year (summer, fall and winter), class schedule, etc.
  • Students who received any letters pertaining to conditional standing from Student Academic Services, and/or any other documents that might be needed during the advising session must bring these as well.

Consult the Advising Schedules below. No appointment is necessary. Dates and times may change, so always check for the most current schedule.


If you need help, please contact the following:

Dr. Carol Lau
Undergraduate Program Director
H 1155-07
514-848-2424, ext. 3929


Greg Hannah
Undergraduate and Co-op Program Assistant
H 1155-55
514-848-2424, ext. 3903


Guidelines for the M.A. Research paper (ECON 703)

If you need help, please contact the Graduate Program Assistant who will direct you.

Elise M. Melancon
Graduate Program Assistant
H 1155-53
514-848-2424, ext. 3901

Back to top

© Concordia University