Concordia’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Denis Cossette has more 20 years of experience working in the higher education sector. He began his five-year term on August 1, 2016.
As the CFO, his role is to:
- Set the standards and follow best practices for financial and fiscal record keeping and reporting;
- Identify the university’s financial strengths and weaknesses and develop strategies for improvement;
- Provide analysis, advice and informed insight on all projects, initiatives and proposed undertakings;
- Develop the university’s yearly operating and capital budgets and provide reporting and analysis of all budgetary items; and
- Maintain a sound financial position that minimize risks.
Prior to joining Concordia, Cossette served as associate vice-president of Financial Resources at the University of Ottawa. He also held the role of director of the university’s Financial Services from 2005 to 2010 and served as interim VP of Resources for a one-year period.
From 1990 to 2005, he was the director of Financial Resources and vice-president of Administration and Finance for La Cité, a French-language college of applied arts and technology that has its principal campus in Ottawa.
A graduate of Université Laval (licence in accounting science, bachelor of business administration) and the Université du Québec en Outaouais (certificate in administrative data processing), Cossette is also a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario and of the l’Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec.
- Administration & governance