Acquire ethics approval
Learn about the requirements for ethics compliance for research involving human subjects or animals. This section will also provide you with links to helpful guides, forms, tools and policies.
The role of the Research Ethics Unit (Office of Research) is to:
- Ensure the compliance and ethical integrity of all research done under the auspice of Concordia
- Ensure that all research is conducted in accordance with applicable regulations including international, federal and provincial law, as well as granting agency and Concordia policies.
Forms for Research Involving Human Participants
- Summary Protocol Form (SPF)
- Information and Consent Form Template
- Biomedical Information and Consent Form Template
- Sample Consent Form Template French
- Instructions for Writing A Consent Form
- Human Ethics Submission Checklist
- Annual Report Form
- Scholarly Review Form
- Abbreviated Summary Protocol Form for Pedagogical Purposes Only - Minimal Risk Student-Course-Related Research for Departmental Review. This DOES NOT include thesis research.