Sir George Williams Campus, located in the heart of Montreal, is within walking distance to movie theatres, shops, the underground city, and public transportation. It is an urban campus, having developed around an existing downtown core. The visual arts, the John Molson School of Business, and Engineering and Computer Science are housed downtown, as well as many Arts and Science programs.
The west-end campus, Loyola, is located 7 km away in a leafy residential neighbourhood, with gothic-style buildings that date to the early-20th century. The performing arts and Communication Studies and Journalism are housed exclusively at Loyola, and many other programs, including the sciences in a state-of-the-art building, offer courses on this campus as well. Some student residences are to be found at Loyola, as well as the Oscar Peterson Concert Hall, a theatre and a chapel.
If you’re travelling by air, flights from North America and abroad now come into Montréal-Trudeau Airport, 22 km west of downtown Montreal. The Aérobus bus service to downtown Montreal costs $14 one way (as of June 2007). Upon arrival at the terminus on Berri and de Maisonneuve Sts., either take a taxi or the subway (métro) to the Welcome Centre, which is located in the J.W. McConnell Building, Room LB 185-40, 1400 de Maisonneuve Boulevard West (1400, boul. de Maisonneuve ouest). If you take the subway, travel in the Angrignon direction (green line) and exit at the Guy-Concordia stop; the Welcome Centre is one block east on De Maisonneuve.
Another option from the airport is to take the #204 public transit bus heading to the Dorval bus terminal, then take the #211 heading downtown. Get off at Lionel-Groulx métro (subway) station, and take the green line in the Honoré-Beaugrand direction, to Guy-Concordia station. Concordia’s Welcome Centre is the Welcome Centre is one block east on De Maisonneuve.
If you take a taxi from the airport to downtown there is a flat rate of $35.
See the Aéroports de Montréal website for further transportation information.
For those wishing to go directly to the Loyola Campus, a commuter train links the Dorval bus terminal to Montreal West (Montréal-Ouest) station, which is a short walk from the campus. Be sure to check a schedule first, since commuter trains are few and far between outside of rush hour. A taxi ride from the airport to Loyola campus costs about $25.
Travelling to Montreal by train will bring you to Central Station, which is just a few blocks from Concordia on René-Lévesque Blvd. West, near Mansfield Street (Blvd. Réné-Lévesque Ouest et rue Mansfield) You may either walk to the Welcome Centre, at the J.W. McConnell Building, Room LB 185-40, 1400 de Maisonneuve Boulevard West (1400, boul. de Maisonneuve ouest), or take a short taxi ride.
If you want to go directly to the Loyola campus and are coming from Toronto or Ottawa on VIA Rail, trains stop at Dorval Station, at which point you may either take a taxi to Loyola or transfer to the commuter train to Montreal West (Montréal-Ouest) station, which is a short walk from the campus. Be sure to check a schedule first, since commuter trains are few and far between outside of rush hour.
Train schedules are available online at VIA Rail (for journeys within Canada) and Amtrak (for journeys from the USA). Commuter train schedules are available from the the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT).
The Berri-UQAM station is the final destination for all bus lines into the city. Upon arrival you may either take a taxi or take the métro (subway), which is located below the bus station. Travel in the Angrignon direction (green line) and exit at the Guy-Concordia stop; the Welcome Centre is one block east on De Maisonneuve (Room LB 185-40, 1400 de Maisonneuve Boulevard West).
To get to Loyola, take the orange line from Berri-UQAM, heading towards Côte-Vertu, and exit at Vendôme station. From Vendôme, take the #105 bus, which travels west along Sherbrooke Street (rue Sherbrooke) to the campus, at 7141 Sherbrooke St. West (7141 rue Sherbrooke Ouest).
Highway map of the Greater Montreal area
- If you’re coming to Montreal from the east or south (highways 10, 15, or 20), take the Décarie Expressway (Autoroute Décarie) to Sherbrooke St. West (rue Sherbrooke Ouest), exit 64.
- If you’re coming to Montreal from the north or west (highways 15, 20, or 40), take the Décarie Expressway (Autoroute Décarie) to Sherbrooke St. West (rue Sherbrooke Ouest), exit 64.
- To get to Sir George Williams from exit 64:
Drive east on Sherbrooke St. for 3.5 km and turn right onto Mackay St. (rue Mackay). Metered parking is available in the downtown core. There is a public parking lot in the J.W. McConnell Building. The entrance is on Mackay.
- To get to Loyola Campus from exit 64:
Drive west on Sherbrooke St. for 2.7 km. You may find parking on the street, or use the university visitors’ parking lot.
- SGW Campus
- Loyola Campus
- Concordia panoramas
- AD - Administration building (exterior)
- AD - Health Services (Loyola)
- Concordia University - from De Maisonneuve & Guy streets
- Concordia University - from De Maisonneuve & MacKay streets
- CJ - Bookstore & Computer Store (Loyola)
- EV - Audio recording suite
- EV - Composites robot lab
- EV - Digital imaging lab
- EV - 11th floor lounge
- EV - 5.214
- EV - Loom
- EV - Lounge and terrace
- EV - Le Gym
- EV - Rapid prototyping lab
- EV - Screening room
- EV - Sound edit studio
- EV - Textile printing room
- EV - Theatre
- EV - Ventilation room
- EV - Video editing suite
- EV - Video game lab
- FC - Loyola Chapel
- GE - Lobby
- GE - Biotechnology lab 1
- GE - Biotechnology lab 2
- GE - Bioinformatics
- GE - Genomics building (exterior)
- GM - Health Services (SGW)
- GN - Grey Nuns Chapel
- GN - Grey Nuns Dining Hall
- GN - Grey Nuns Kitchen
- GN - Grey Nuns Reading Room
- GN - Grey Nuns Student Room
- H - D.B. Clarke Theatre
- H - The Solar Simulator – Environmental Chamber Lab as seen from the balcony
- H - Inside the Environmental Chamber
- H - Solar simulator
- HA - Hingston Hall (exterior)
- LB - Bookstore (SGW)
- LB - DeSeve Cinema
- LB - Webster Library
- LB - Webster Library renovations
- Loyola - The Grove
- MB - 2.130
- MB - 3.130
- MB - 5.1 Mixing studio
- MB - 6.101/6.135
- MB - Acting Studio
- MB - Black Box dance studio
- MB - BMO Amphitheatre
- MB - Board room
- MB - Cafeteria
- MB - Classical classroom
- MB - Classical music studio
- MB - EMBA Amphitheatre
- MB to EV tunnel
- MB - Faculty and staff lounge
- MB - Formula Growth Trading Lab
- MB - The Green Roof
- MB - Improvisation rehearsal space
- MB - JMSB lobby
- MB - Jazz classroom
- MB - MBA student study area
- MB - Metro level
- MB - Octophonic studio
- PC - Athletic Therapy Teaching Clinic
- PC - Cardiopulmonary evaluation suite
- PC - Clinical analysis suite
- PC - Conditioning and rehabilitation floor
- PC - Imaging suite
- PC - Metabolic Kitchen
- PC - Nutrition suite
- PT - Oscar Peterson Concert Hall
- RF - Lounge
- RF - Main 1
- RF - Main 2
- RF - Main 3
- RF - Refectory (exterior)
- RF - Upper room
- SC - Student Centre
- VA - Fine Arts amphitheatre
- VL - Vanier Library
- Concordia panoramas
- Shuttle bus