Shibboleth (authentication service)
Shibboleth is open source technology used for authorization, authentication, and access control functions. Shibboleth works together with Concordia’s authentication capabilities to allow students, faculty, and staff to access external approved resources using their Concordia netname and password rather than creating a unique username and password for each one.
Who can use it?
Faculty and staff
How much does it cost?
There is no cost associated with this service
How to get it?
- If you are an IT service administrator or manager and would like to request Shibboleth integration with your service, contact the Service Desk.
- If you require assistance with a platform using Shibboleth authentication, submit a support request to the Service Desk.
The following Concordia IT services are currently using Shibboleth:
1. Colombo (library service)
2. Residence payment (erezlife) within the Student Information System
3. Qualtrics (JMSB service)
4. Academic integrity quiz
5. Concordia videoconferencing
6. Embrace the City
If you are an IT service administrator or manager and would like to request Shibboleth integration with your service, contact the Service Desk.