Office 365 - faculty & staff
Concordia faculty and staff are eligible to download the Office 365 ProPlus Suite and install it on up to 5 computers, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones. The software included in the ProPlus Suite is intended for personal use and varies depending on your device’s operating system. A full list of software for your device is available through the Microsoft online portal.
Who can use it?
Active faculty and staff
How much does it cost?
There is no cost associated with this service.
- To access the Office 365 ProPlus Suite, visit the Microsoft online portal and enter email@example.com in the username field. You will then be automatically redirected to a second webpage where you will be required to use your Concordia netname and password to authenticate.
The programs included in the ProPlus Suite vary depending on your device’s operating system. On a PC or Mac computer, the suite includes the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. On mobile devices, the applications available will vary depending on the model of the device. Mobile applications currently do not have the option to edit documents.
To install the ProPlus Suite on your device, follow these steps:
- Visit the Microsoft online portal and enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the username field.
- Microsoft will automatically redirect you to a login page. Use your Concordia netname and password to authenticate.
- Click the gear symbol at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Office 365 from the Settings window.
- Settings will automatically open in the left side menu.
- Select Software from the options shown in the centre of the page.
To install on a phone or tablet:
- Select “Phone & tablet” from the menu on the left side of the page.
- Choose the device type you wish to use.
- According to your selection, you will have the option to download various applications available for that device.
- Click on Install Office 2016
You will have access to the ProPlus Suite as long as you are an active Concordia employee.
This program is discontinued as Microsoft no longer offers it with our subscription. The alternative solution is to download the ProPlus Suite through Office 365 at no extra cost. For more information about gaining access to Office 365, visit the How to get it section of the Office 365 page.