Kevin A. Gould, PhD
Associate Professor , Geography, Planning and Environment
Selected conference presentations
- Gould,K. A. 2017. Extra-legal properties of Guatemalan land markets. International conference: Geographies of Markets. Karl Polanyi Instituteof Political Economy at Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec.
- Gould, K. A. 2015. Whitening infrastructures: race and nation in Cold War Guatemala. Intersections Seminar Series, Department of Geography and Planning, University of Toronto.
- Gould, K. A. 2015. Emplaced histories of calculable land: the (un)making of a geodetic grid in northern Guatemala. Annual Conference of the Association of American Geographers, Chicago.
- Gould, K. A. 2015. Entangled (post)colonialisms: military-led development in 1960s Guatemala. 7th International conference of critical geography, Ramallah, Palestine.
- Gould, K. A. 2014. Territorization and conterinsurgent pacification in the north of Guatemala during the Cold War. Presentation for Peace and Territorialization diploma program at the Universidad National de San Carlos, Guatemala City, Guatemala (Spanish).
- Gould, K. A. 2012. The future of higher education in North America: strategies for solidarity and struggle (panelist). 19th Annual Conference on Critical Geography. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. November 2-4, 2012.
- Gould, K. A. and Becker, N. 2012. Session Organizers. Powers of Environmental Impact Assessment. Annual conference of the American Association of Geography, New York City.
- Gould, K. 2011. Do economists make markets, race and nation? Second Conference on Ethnicity, Race and Indigenous Peoples in Latin America and the Caribbean, San Diego, California.
- Panel organizer with David Lansing. 2011. Critical perspectives on performativity: performing economic geographies. Association of American Geographers Annual conference.
Geography 400: Political ecology
Geography 418: Postcolonial geography
Geography 605: Graduate methodology seminar: Geography Worlds
Current Graduate Student Supervision
Noah Cannon, MSc:
Historical and economic geographies of Canada's community well being index
Masters students (graduated)
Barbara Bottini-Havrillay (2015) Politics of road-building in Cold War Guatemala
Michelle Braiden (2014) Discourse and dispossession in the Chaco War, Bolivia
William Zullo (2014) Spaces of transgender youth in Montreal*
Julie Montigney (2013) Spaces of queer youth in Montreal*
* co-advised with Dr. Julie Podmore
Devon McKellar (2019) TBA
Daniel Belvas (2019) TBA
Montserrat Hernandez (2015) The path to sustainability: implementation of ecotechniques in a rural Mexican community
Noah Cannon(2014) The well-being index and Canadian First Nations
Angharad Wylie (2013) Alternative economies in Halifax, Novo Scotia
Alex Matak (2012) Neoliberalism within: Concordia’s student movement
Julia de Montigny (2011) What spaces exist for queer youth? On institutional discourses and regulatory imaginations
Alexander Pinheiro (2010) The Montreal BIOBUS Project: Simple, Pure, Green?
Masters in Environmental Assessment, selected internship reports
Matthias Bieber (2014) Avian indicator species for environmental assessment
Patrick Marcoux (2013) Bioremediation of toxics: impacts of petroleum contamination
Chelsea Quirke (2011) Participation and power: participatory monitoring of environmental impacts under NAFTA
Nicole Becker (2010) Social production of toxicity: national management of textile mill effluents