Sir George Williams Campus
MB 4.201 (see map)
Undergraduate Forms & Procedures
To request an exception to published academic regulations, please make an appointment with an Academic Advisor or join the JMSB Undergraduate office for daily walk-in advising in room MB 4.201. For dates and times please visit Academic Advising Appointments.
Some popular student requests are:
- Advanced standing for specific courses
- Credit overload during a semester
- Late withdrawal from course
- Retroactive registration in courses
- Taking prerequisite courses concurrently
- Waiving of prerequisites for specific courses
Readmission may be restricted or denied to students in poor academic standing.
Assessed: May Not Register Without Special Permission
Students who receive this assessment may apply for immediate readmission if there were extenuating circumstances that led to their poor academic standing (illness, death in the family, etc.) or apply for automatic readmission after one year. Supporting documentation (doctor's note, death certificate, etc.) must be submitted with the application with an updated unofficial transcript. Students will be informed, in writing, of all necessary steps to apply for readmission.
- Download the file (either PDF or Word formats) and fill it out. Please upload all additional information with the readmission application.
- Save it as a new PDF file.
- Once you have your LASSI results, also save them as a PDF file.
- Go to your portal in the Student Service Center. On the right hand side, there is a link to “upload a document”. Click on the link.
- You will need to choose a document to upload. Please select “JMSB – Readmission Application”. Follow the instructions to upload the documents – both the application and your LASSI results.
There is no need to submit a paper copy of your application. We will notify you when we have made a decision, over the summer months.
Assessed: May Not Re-register
Students who receive this assessment must wait out at least three years before applying for readmission.
It is possible in specific situations to reduce the period of dismissal to less than three years, particularly when the student is within 12 credits of completion of the program’s requirements. Students in this situation must meet with an Academic Advisor. At this appointment, it will be determined if the period of dismissal from the program can be reduced. It is only with the Academic Advisor's permission that a student in such an academic situation can apply for readmission.
The deadline to submit the application for readmission is normally June 30th of every year. The exact deadline for the current year is specified on the application. Readmission is not available for either the winter or summer session.