JMSB Undergraduate Student Affairs Office
514-848-2424, ext. 2721
Empowering students to succeed
Academic advising for current JMSB students
Please bring a printed copy of your Program Planning Worksheet when using any JMSB Academic Advising services. This will be mandatory starting November 10, 2017.
- Choose the academic year you entered the program (e.g., 2017-2018) and the specific program you are currently enrolled in (e.g., Bachelor of Commerce, 90 credits, Marketing).
- If you have changed majors, choose the academic year wherein your new major became effective.
- Once you have downloaded the appropriate degree worksheet, check or highlight the courses that you have completed so far, as well as the courses that are currently in progress in the current term.
- Write your name and Student ID number at the top right corner of the worksheet.
Bring the completed Program Planning Worksheet with you to your meeting with the academic advisor.
Walk-in advising (MB 4.201)
On a first come first service basis, Academic Advisors are available to resolve your course and registration issues.
- Monday (1:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday (9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday (1:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Thursday (9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Friday (1:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
Appointments for "what-if" scenarios
Individual appointments are available for strategic discussions to empower you to successfully navigate the JMSB academic program.
Quick advising (outside MB 4.201)
For quick questions and clarifications - no appointment necessary.
- Monday (1:30 - 2:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday (1:30 - 2:30 p.m.)
Please watch the series of New Student Advising Videos to get all the basic information about your studies at JMSB, as well as permission to register for your first courses.
Newly admitted students should also read the Guide to First Year and take advantage of the new student orientation activities offered by the New Student Program through the Student Success Center, as well as the student-run orientation activities hosted by CASA.
Visit our academic advisors during the Walk-in Advising sessions each weekday at MB 4.201.