JMSB Undergraduate Student Affairs Office
514-848-2424, ext. 2721
Empowering students to succeed
Newly admitted students
- Watch the series of New Student Advising Videos to get all the basic information about your studies at JMSB, as well as permission to register for your first courses.
- Sign up for an on-boarding event: meet with JMSB academic advisors and get customized help with course registration.
New students should also read the Guide to First Year and take advantage of the new student orientation activities offered by the Student Success Center as well as the student-run orientation activities hosted by CASA.
Academic advising for current JMSB students
All JMSB students enrolled at the university are entitled to academic advising. Use this service to get help choosing courses, planning your academic progression, adding or dropping majors or minors, and making other changes to your program of study.
Please bring a printed copy of your Program Planning Worksheet when using any JMSB Academic Advising services. This will be mandatory starting November 10, 2017.
- Choose the academic year you entered the program (e.g., 2017-2018) and the specific program you are currently enrolled in (e.g., Bachelor of Commerce, 90 credits, Marketing).
- If you have changed majors, choose the academic year wherein your new major became effective.
- Once you have downloaded the appropriate degree worksheet, check or highlight the courses that you have completed so far, as well as the courses that are currently in progress in the current term.
- Write your name and Student ID number at the top right corner of the worksheet.
Bring the completed Program Planning Worksheet with you to your meeting with the academic advisor.
Walk-in advising (MB 4.201)
On a first come first service basis, Academic Advisors are available to resolve your course and registration issues.
- Monday (1:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday (9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday (1:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Thursday (9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Summer Hours 2018, Fridays 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. until August 10th inclusive.
Appointments for "what-if" scenarios
Individual appointments are available for strategic discussions to empower you to successfully navigate the JMSB academic program.
Quick advising (outside MB 4.201)
For quick questions and clarifications - no appointment necessary.
- Monday (1:30 - 2:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday (1:30 - 2:30 p.m.)