Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS)
Concordia has an educational site license for the Statistical Package for Social Science ("SPSS") software from IBM. It is a simple way to get SPSS licenses to faculty and staff of the University (“Employees”). The licensed software can be installed on any computer owned by the University at no cost, for use by an Employee for University instruction, non-commercial academic research* and for University administration and operations. The SPSS Educational Site license includes licenses for Statistics Desktop, Amos, Visualization Designer and Sample Power 3 with modules.
Who can use it?
Active faculty and staff of the University for instruction and non-commercial academic research.
Temporary home access to SPSS Statistics software and AMOS
SPSS is allowing Concordia students, faculty and staff to use its software at home during the COVID-19 crisis. For details, please go to the Learn, teach and work from home webpage.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost associated with this service as software covered under the campus license agreement can be installed for free.
How to get it
- To request the installation of SPSS a university owned computer, contact your department IT-representative or the IT Service Desk
Overview of the SPSS Educational site license
Term of the Agreement: thirty-six (36) months, effective November 30, 2016 and ending on November 30, 2019
- An educational site license is a subscription licensing program for higher educational institution.
- It is a simple way to get SPSS licenses to faculty and staff of the University (“Employees”)
- The cost of the educational site license is based on the number of Employees and not on the number of computers owned by the University
The licensed software can be installed on any computer owned by the University at no cost, for use by an Employee for University instruction, non-commercial academic research* and for University administration and operations.
*Non-commercial academic research means research by degree seeking students and faculty members where (i) the results of such research are not intended primarily for the benefit of a third party; (ii) such results are made available to anyone without restriction on use, copying or further distribution; and (iii) any copy of any such result is furnished for no more than the cost of reproduction and shipping
Software products covered by the site license
Only SPSS software and available add-ons, if any, are covered by this site license. Add-ons offered may change, at any time, at IBM’s discretion.
The software can be installed on University owned computers. A request must be made to University IT staff. Only English versions of the software will be deployed on University owned computers.
At no time will IITS (or any University IT staff) distribute SPSS software in any format (CD, DVD, ISO image, etc.).
Any purchase request for software products COVERED by the SPSS Educational site license WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED by the University’s Purchasing Services Department.
The SPSS Educational Site license includes the basic license with all the following modules:
- Advanced Statistics Academic
- Statistics Base Academic Authorized User
- Bootstrapping Academic Authorized User
- Categories Academic Authorized User
- Complex Samples Academic Authorized User
- Conjoint Academic Authorized User
- Custom Tables Academic Authorized User
- Data Preparation Academic Authorized User
- Decision Trees Academic Authorized User
- Direct Marketing Academic Authorized User
- Exact Tests Academic Authorized User
- Forecasting Academic Authorized User
- Missing Values Academic Authorized User
- Neural Networks Academic Authorized User
- Regression Academic Authorized User
- Visualization Designer Academic
- Amos Campus Edition Academic
Any purchase request for products NOT COVERED by the SPSS Educational site license MUST BE APPROVED, as part of standard purchasing procedures, by the University’s Purchasing Services Department.
Additional information regarding SPSS can be found at: