Holiday schedule: December 22 to January 3
This year, Concordia is observing a holiday schedule from Friday, December 22, 2017 to Wednesday, January 3, 2018. During this time, no classes or other instructional activities will occur. The university will reopen on Thursday, January 4.
Staff, faculty and graduate students with appropriate Concordia-issued identification will be able to access offices, studios and laboratories. Undergraduate students require a letter from their respective departments to do so.
Buildings will remain accessible via doors that are closest to security desks, which will remain open 24/7 for the duration of the holidays.
Before you head out for the holidays, be sure to power down your computer, turn out the lights, close all the windows and unplug any unnecessary devices.
Shuttle bus service
Shuttle buses between Concordia’s campuses will stop running after 11 p.m. on December 21, and resume service at 6 a.m. on January 4. Full shuttle details are available here.
- Friday, December 22 to Tuesday, December 26: Closed
- Wednesday, December 27 to Friday, December 29: Open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, December 30 to Wednesday, January 3: Closed
- Thursday, January 4 to Friday, January 5: Open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, January 6 to Sunday, January 7: Open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Grey Nuns reading and study rooms will be closed from Thursday, December 21 to Sunday, January 7, inclusive.
Check the Concordia Library website for full details.
Campus Retail Stores
- Concordia Stores will be closed from December 22 through January 3.
- All retail stores will reopen at 9 a.m. on January 4.
On the Sir George Williams Campus:
- The Green Beet, Starbucks, Freshii and Bento Sushi will be closed December 16 and reopen on January 8.
- Tim Horton’s in the LB building will close at 2 p.m. on December 21 and reopen January 4.
On the Loyola Campus:
- The CJ Café, AD Café and Rez Café will be closed December 5 and reopen January 8.
- Tim Horton’s and The Market will close at 2 p.m. on December 21 and reopen January 4.
Tunnels on the Sir George Williams Campus are closed from 11 p.m. on December 22 until 6 a.m. on January 4.
- Parking in the LB Building will close December 22 at 12 a.m. and reopen at 6 a.m. on January 4.
- The FB Building’s indoor parking is closed on December 25 only.
- Loyola parking remains open to the public with regular operating hours.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program remains available to employees around the clock, seven days a week. For support and service, contact Concordia’s external provider, Homewood Health, at the following numbers:
English services: 1-800-663-1142
French services: 1-866-398-9505
International (Call Collect): 604-689-1717
Concordia’s new Banting postdoctoral fellow explores how fish can help us understand PTSD
ᑎᓪᓕᑕᕐᓃᑦ ᖁᕕᐊᓱᒍᑕᐅᓂᖅ ᑐᓂᓯᕗᖅ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᓂᕿᖏᓐᓂ, ᐅᖃᐅᓯᕐᒥ ᐊᒻᒪ ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᖓᓐᓂ ᑲᓐᑯᐊᑎᐊᒧᑦ
Tillitarniit festival brings Inuit food, language and art to Concordia
Concordia’s 5 new Vanier scholars explore everything from interactions with microbes to our fear of losing control
$1.65M for synthetic biology research and training at Concordia
Find an expert
Search for an expert to comment on any topic
Enter a phrase or keyword