Message from the president: 'We can take pride in our impressive accomplishments'
It’s been a banner year for our 48,000 students, 7,000 faculty and staff, and global network of more than 200,000 alumni.
As we look ahead to 2018, I wanted to share a few highlights from our busy fall term:
- For the second year in a row, Concordia had record enrolment and record research funding, including an impressive $9.3 million in SSHRC grants.
- According to QS, we ranked among the world’s top 1.6 per cent of universities. We were named the best university under 50 in Canada and tied for top spot in North America.
- More and more international students are choosing Concordia – 18.4 per cent of our total. According to Maclean’s, our graduate-level student body is Canada’s third most international.
- We saw more than 1,700 jubilant Concordians cap off their degrees at November convocations.
- Our Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance won the UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize for implementing its free Learning Toolkit in Kenya.
- We had a record number of Concordia alumni win positions in Quebec’s municipal elections in November – more than 40, including six mayors.
- We enjoyed strong philanthropic support from many donors, including the R. Howard Webster Foundation, Hydro-Québec, Christine Lengvari, and our internal community at a record-setting Shuffle 28.
- We made significant progress on our university’s Strategic Directions game plan.
Among the transformational projects currently underway is our groundbreaking digital strategy.
I wish you a restful winter break and a Happy 2018.
$4.5 million to advance Concordia’s research infrastructure
Learn how to study like a pro
The Concordian’s guide to staying cozy and content
It’s all systems go for Open House and Portfolio Day!
NEW RESEARCH: Cancer-patient wait times could be reduced by 44%
Find an expert
Search for an expert to comment on any topic
Enter a phrase or keyword