BSc, Actuarial Mathematics
Faculty of Arts and Science
Member of the Institute for Co-operative Education
Governor General’s Academic Medal (Silver)
Tagliamonti was enrolled in the Co-op program and completed internships in the pharmaceutical, property insurance, consulting and life insurance industries. While pursuing his studies in actuarial mathematics, employment and extra-curricular activities, he passed the first five professional exams of the Society of Actuaries.
3 keys to a good education
- Stay organized: use an agenda to track deadlines and exam dates.
- Stay healthy: regular physical activity helps keep the mind sharp and improves productivity when it’s time to study.
- Stay engaged: push yourself to go beyond the course material and ask “why?” This will deepen your understanding.
2 lessons learned at Concordia
- Don’t be afraid to take on more: join a club, sports team or case competition.
- Don’t forget to be social: especially around exam time, it’s easy to isolate yourself. While studying is important, be sure to also plan time with friends. Social events boost morale and give you something to look forward to.
1 piece of advice for future grads
- Keep learning long after your formal education comes to an end.
Next great goal
- To complete my master’s degree at Stanford University.