What’s open at Concordia during reading week and President’s Day
Reading week: February 23 to 27
No classes or other instructional activities will occur at Concordia during reading week, which takes place from Monday, February 23, to Friday, February 27.
Concordia President’s Day: February 27
The university is observing a holiday schedule on Friday, February 27, which is Concordia President’s Day.
Only staff, faculty and graduate students with appropriate Concordia-issued identification will have access to offices, studios and laboratories; undergraduate students will require a letter from their respective departments.
February 27 closures
- Le Gym (Sir George Williams Campus)
- Le Centre (Loyola Campus)
- Campus Retail Stores
- Health Services (both campuses)
Other relevant information
- Both the R. Howard Webster and Georges P. Vanier libraries are open with regular services throughout the week, except on February 27, when they are open only for study.
Food and Beverage Services
- For those with a Concordia meal plan, the Buzz Bistro (SC, Loyola Campus) and the Grey Nuns Dining Hall will remain open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The SP Café (Richard J. Renaud Science Complex) is open Monday through Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., and is closed Friday.
- The LB Café (J.W. McConnell Building) will remain open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. throughout the week, and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the weekend.
- All other Chartwells food-service units will be closed.
- Parking in the J.W. McConnell (LB) Building will be open; however, no attendant will be on site (intercom service only).
- Loyola parking will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight.
- Faubourg Tower parking will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight.
- The shuttle bus is on a reduced schedule from Monday to Thursday. No service on Friday, February 27.
- Tunnels on the Sir George Williams Campus will be closed from 11 p.m. on Thursday, February 26, until 7 a.m. on Saturday, February 28.
Going away during reading week? Visit Concordia’s travel safety webpage.