On September 22, 2009, the Montreal Institute for Genocide and Human Rights Studies, launched Mobilizing the Will to Intervene: Leadership and Action to Prevent Mass Atrocities in Canada at the National Press Gallery in Ottawa.
A panel presentations inlcuded the following individuals:
- Prof. Frank Chalk; W2I Co-Director
- Lieut. General (retired) Roméo Dallaire; Senior Fellow, Montreal Institute for Genocide and Human Rights Studies; Co-Director, Will to Intervene Project
- Hugh D. Segal; W2I Research Steering Committee; Canadian Senator
- Ed Broadbent; W2I Research Steering Committee; former leader of the New Democratic Party
- Robert Fowler; W2I Research Steering Committee, former Canadian Ambassador to the UN