The CSLP (Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance) is a research centre that develops non-commercial interactive educational tools. Used in schools around the world, these tools teach students specific skills (e.g. reading and writing, information literacy, math) as well as how to become strong, self directed learners. The primary goal of our research is the advancement of knowledge and its wide-scale application in order to have an immediate and sustained effect on how our schools, post-secondary institutions and learning organizations operate. Specifically, we are interested in exploring the use of interactive applications in this regard.
As a Developer/Programmer, you will be an integral part of the CSLP team. Specifically you will,
- Participate in the design and development of CSLP software projects.
- Work with project coordinators, instructional designers and researchers to ensure that the software conforms to our software design principles (see http://doe.concordia.ca/cslp/ict-overview.php ).
- Meet project requirements in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. Actively engage in assigned creative design activities: design specifications, design revision, etc.
- Attend relevant meetings and collaborate with other team members to ensure the highest quality design and implementation of CSLP software projects.
- Important: MySQL, Ajax, jQuery and CSS.
- Desired: HTML 5 Game development for the web, Web interface design or illustration
- Assets: Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, Actionscript. Video (filming, editing in Final Cut Pro), audio editing, animation and graphic design skills.
- Also of interest: app development for iOS and Android.
This full-time position will start immediately. Salary will be negotiated in the context of academic research-funded positions and based upon qualifications.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary expectations), curriculum vitae, links to web sites developed and, if possible, samples of code, and a portfolio of visual work (if the candidate has illustration and interface design skills) to the CSLP Director of Design and Production, Manuela Bertoni at Manuela.email@example.com, by March 31, 2016 or until the position is filled.