The CSLP (Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance) is a research centre that develops non-commercial interactive web-based educational tools. Used in learning environments around the world, these tools teach learners specific skills (e.g. reading and writing, information literacy, numeracy) as well as how to become strong, self directed learners. The primary goal of our research is the advancement of knowledge and its wide-scale application in order to have a sustained effect on how our schools, post-secondary institutions and learning organizations operate. Specifically, we are interested in exploring the use of technology-based interactive applications in this regard.
We are currently looking for a part-time (21 hours) Creative Director to join our team at the CSLP. This position can become a full-time position, pending funding.
This flexible individual must be able to jump into our development projects quickly, especially those related to the Learning Toolkit (LTK) which is a suite of five bilingual tools, as well as manage a team of developers
- Participates in the conception and planning of development projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes instructional designers, researchers, the CSLP Manager and the Principal Investigator.
- Oversees and directs all aspects of the CSLP development projects (i.e. software, video production, websites) and monitors the development work environment to insure that all deliverables are met in a timely fashion and that all aspects of the finished product work seamlessly.
- In collaboration with the Lead Instructional Designer, coordinates all contributions and aspects of the development of a particular project (i.e.: graphics, audio, video, animation, photo, etc…)
- Directs the quality of the work and insures that all interface and content materials are up to standard and consistent across tools.
- Establishes the various standards (in consultation with the CSLP Manager and Director) of production models and insure that all aspects of the project meet the standards established by the CSLP.
- Act as a consultant to the designers for the various software and multimedia applications on the aesthetic aspects of a project.
- In consultation with the Lead Instructional Designer, contributes to the planning of the various evaluation (i.e., debugging) protocols.
We are seeking a creative, adaptable, goal-oriented, and highly organized individual with strong managerial skills who also has…...
- A university degree in a field related to web application development (ex: graphic design, computer science, computation arts, interactive communication, digital technology, educational technology)
- Practical experience in web application development and/or interactive projects
- Experience in managing a team of programmers and/or designers
- Thorough understanding of the software development cycle
- Experience assessing the feasibility of projects, development time and associated costs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
Reporting to the LTK Theme leader, the successful candidate is expected to respect all Concordia University Policies and is particularly affected by BD-4 (Ethical Actions) and HR-5 (Employment of Research Personnel Hired by Grant Recipients).
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary expectations), curriculum vitae, links to web sites developed and/or a portfolio of visual work to the CSLP Manager, Anne Wade at email@example.com, by October 27, 2017. The position will start immediately. Salary will be negotiated in the context of academic research-funded positions and based upon qualifications.