Located in a beautiful heritage house on the downtown Concordia campus, the Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance is a university research centre affiliated with the faculties of Fine Arts and Arts & Science. Our goal is to study and promote effective teaching and learning strategies, through an active association with educational and community-based organizations. Examples of research areas include: literacy and numeracy, second language instruction, learning strategies, citizenship, hate speech and radicalization.
- Minimum B.A. required
- Experience working in an office environment and performing general administrative tasks
- Experience working with office equipment (e.g. photocopiers, phone systems, printers etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of a database mgmt system (e.g. Filemaker Pro, EndNotes) an asset
- Strong English and French oral and written skills are essential
- Assists the Manager in the preparation of research-related documents (e.g. grants, policies & procedures) and centre reports (e.g. the CSLP Annual Report), in both official languages as required
- Organizes special CSLP-related events (e.g. research fair, annual retreat, seminars, workshops etc)
- Writes up Minutes for CSLP Executive and Advisory Board meetings
- Creates and maintains databases of various mailing lists and the CSLP membership
- Maintains a database of the researchers’ productivity and outputs (e.g., grants, conference presentations, publications, etc.), using EndNotes
- Updates members' CV information in EndNotes and eRegroupement databases
- Manages both the director’s & manager's calendars
- Schedules travel arrangements for researchers
- Schedules various events, appointments and meetings as required (e.g. reserving refreshments, equipment, rooms)
- Aids CSLP faculty and support staff as required (e.g. photocopying, proofreading & editing manuscripts)
- Works collaboratively with the Grants Officer on special projects as the need arises.
- Other general office duties (e.g. maintains the CSLP filing system, manages and orders office supplies, sorts and distributes CSLP mail, prepares meeting rooms etc.)
This position is a full-time, one year contract with the possibility of renewal. Starting date: Immediately.
Individuals who are interested in working in a vibrant, lively, research environment should send a covering letter and CV by April 6th to the CSLP’s Manager, Anne Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org