The fine print
We have made every effort to provide you with a clear summary of the key provisions of the various plans that make up the Concordia Benefits Program and other plans as well. But the world of benefits goes beyond what you see on this web site. Please note that this is only a summary of the Concordia Benefits Program based on official documents and policies. Concordia University, not the insurer, has prepared this summary solely to provide you with an overview of the program. It has no contractual value and does not include important conditions, limitations, restrictions, and exclusions. In any event, should any discrepancies, legal challenges, or questions arise, final interpretation will be governed by the terms of the official documents and policies.
The summary of the Concordia Benefits Program is based on official documents and policies. As a result, should any discrepancies or questions arise, final interpretation will be governed by the terms of the official documents and policies.
This benefits web site contains important information. Please share it with your family. Also, please contact the appropriate insurer or Benefits Services if you wish to know more about the terms and conditions of the plans, or if you need to know how they apply in a specific situation not described on this web site.
Also take note of the following important points:
- While Concordia University expects to maintain these benefits indefinitely, it reserves the right to amend or terminate them at anytime.
- Should the government reduce or eliminate coverage within any program currently offered, the University reserves the right to not necessarily modify its program or cover any additional expenses.
- Concordia will notify you of changes that affect your coverage.
- The University reserves the right to change any of the cost-sharing provisions.
- The results of all the calculators and tools found on this site do not constitute financial advice. The University recommends that you speak to a financial planner or advisor for all financial matters, such as retirement planning and life insurance needs. Concordia is not responsible for any financial decisions that you may make.
- If you are seriously considering retiring soon, please contact Benefits Services for the most accurate estimate of your pension entitlement. Do not base your retirement decision simply on the Pension Projection Tool.
- Links to external web sites are offered for information purposes only. They do not constitute in any way an endorsement on the University's behalf.