Message from the president: ‘I’m inspired every day by your dedication’
I hope you’ve had time to recharge this summer and are looking forward to the new academic year as much as I am.
As our two beautiful campuses come back to life, our strong momentum provides many reasons to Take Pride:
- Year after year, Concordia climbs national and international university rankings. Of note this year were our strong showings by subject, our outstanding Executive MBA program, and our top ranking in Canada among universities under 50.
- Our external research funding continues to rise. Recent awards that recognize Concordians’ expertise include:
- $5.5 M for the new Strategic Network in Green Surface Engineering for Advanced Manufacturing (Green-SEAM)
- $1.65 M for the SynBioApps science and business training program
- $10 M allocation for the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Smart, Sustainable and Resilient Cities and Communities.
- Since last year, our Indigenous Directions Leadership Group has added nine members and run many popular leadership and community events. Its Action Plan Report comes out this fall. Based on the Group’s recommendations, we are recruiting a Senior Director, Indigenous Directions.
- We were named a Top Montreal Employer for the third year running.
- We’ll soon be the first Canadian university with a comprehensive Digital Strategy, a key piece of our Strategic Directions. Community consultations last year were excellent. This fall we’ll seek your feedback on a draft shared vision and roadmap.
It all adds up to another year of record applications and enrolment. The word is out — the world needs more Concordia!
That’s why we’re already well more than halfway to our $250 M goal in our Campaign for Concordia.
You can take part and take pride in our momentum at Shuffle 29 on September 28.
And I’d love to see you at one of our informal back-to-school get-togethers on September 5 and 6.
Our shared goal of advancing society through strong teaching and research depends on all of us. I’m inspired every day by your dedication.