How to apply
Applications for winter 2019 are now closed.
Applications for fall/winter 2019-20 will open on March 1 for those who have been offered a guaranteed spot in residence.
Eligibility criteria - Who can apply?
If you are a student enrolled in a Graduate Diploma, Masters, or Ph.D. programme, you may apply for housing. Graduate students can live in the Jesuit Residence on the Loyola Campus or in one of a very limited number of rooms in the Grey Nuns Residence on the Sir George Williams campus. Graduate students may apply as of May 15.
Continuing Education students enrolled in Concordia's Intensive English Language Program that have been accepted into an undergraduate program may apply for housing. Cont-ed students may apply as of May 15.
Applications from 4-month exchange students are only accepted for the winter session. Applications for winter open the second week of October. 8-month exchange students may apply as of May 15.
Second-year students who have previously lived in residence must contact Residence Life if they wish to apply again. Permission is granted on a case-by-case basis. Returning residents must reapply before May 15. If you are a current resident who wants to return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guaranteed Place in Residence
If you are a first-year student who has been offered guaranteed housing, you will, or will have, received an individual email from Residence Life telling you so. You will then be required to do a couple of more things to accept that guarantee. If you are offered a guaranteed place, you must apply before May 15 (see the process outlined below). Later, you will you be sent an offer for an on-campus room type*. You then have to pay a $825 confirmation fee and purchase the residence meal plan of $4430* before June 1, in order to accept our offer. If you do not apply by May 15, or do not make those payments, you will no longer have a guaranteed place in on-campus housing.
Students who do not have a guaranteed place in residence may apply as of May 15.
*Only those with complete applications can be sent room offers.
** Price is for 2018-19 and is subject to change.
When are offers sent out?
- If you were offered a guaranteed place in residence as part of your offer of admission, you have until May15 to submit your housing application to retain your guaranteed place.
- Offers start going out to guaranteed applicants in late March.
- We send out room offers to applicants without a guarantee after May 15.
- We send out offers throughout the summer, until all spaces are filled.
- Order of application
- Availability of room type requested
- Any other relevant data
Applicants who are offered a room will be sent a room-offer email with a deadline to confirm with the two following steps:
- Payment of a $825.00 room confirmation fee. $700 of this will be credited back to your student account upon move in and applied to your rent.
- Purchase of the residence meal plan which is $4430 in total for 8-month residents and $2215 for 4-month exchange or winter-session only residents.
Room offers include:
- Building, room type, and cost
- Deadline by which date payments must be made
- Cancellation clause
*Note that the offer will only be for a room type at this point, not a specific room*
Cancelling a room offer after payments:
- $700.00 of the room confirmation fee is not refundable under any circumstance. The $125 infrastructure upgrade fee component is refundable.
- Full meal plan is refundable, minus a $100 administrative fee.