How to apply
Applications for winter-2019 housing (January) are now open
Eligibility criteria - Who can apply?
If you are a student enrolled in a Graduate Diploma, Masters, or Ph.D. programme, you may apply for housing. Graduate students can live in the Jesuit Residence on the Loyola Campus or in one of a very limited number of rooms in the Grey Nuns Residence on the Sir George Williams campus. There is no age limit for graduate applications.
Continuing Education students enrolled in Concordia's Intensive English Language Program that have been accepted into an undergraduate program may apply for housing.
If you are a fall-session exchange student, you can apply as of March 1, but your application will only be considered after July 1. Applications for the winter session (January 2019), opened on October 8, 2018.
Second-year students or those who have previously lived in residence must contact Residence Life if they wish to apply again. Permission is granted on a case by case basis.
Guaranteed Place in Residence
If you are a first-year student, your offer of admission will tell you whether or not you have have a guaranteed place in residence. If you have a guaranteed place and apply before May 15, you will receive an offer of housing. You then have to pay the $825 confirmation fee and purchase the meal plan of $4430 before June 1 in order to secure that offer. If you do not apply by May 15 or do not make those payments, you will no longer have a guaranteed place in residence.
Students who do not have a guaranteed place in residence may also apply starting March 1, but will receive any potential offer only after May 15.
When are offers sent out?
- If you were offered a guaranteed place in residence as part of your offer of admission, you have until May15 to submit your housing application to retain your guaranteed place.
- Offers start going out to guaranteed applicants in late March.
- We send out room offers to applicants without a guarantee after May 15.
- We send out offers throughout the summer, until all spaces are filled.
- Order of application
- Availability of room type requested
- Any other relevant data
Applicants who are offered a room:
- Will be sent a room-offer email with a deadline to confirm by the two following steps:
- Payment of a $825.00 room confirmation fee. $700 of this will be credited back to your student account upon move in and applied to your rent.
- Purchase of the residence meal plan which is $4430 in total for 8-month residents and $2215 for 4-month exchange or winter-session only residents.
Room offers include:
- Building, room type, and cost
- Deadline by which date payments must be made
- Cancellation clause
*Note that the offer will only be for a room type at this point, not a specific room*
Cancelling a room offer after payments:
- $700.00 of the room confirmation fee is not refundable under any circumstance. The $125 infrastructure upgrade fee component is refundable.
- Full meal plan is refundable, minus a $100 administrative fee.