CDA depots support Fine Arts curriculum by providing short-term access to a variety of equipment such as cameras and accessories. Note that access to the collection is limited to students, faculty, and staff of the Faculty of Fine Arts, Concordia University.
CDA Equipment depots house a wide variety of equipment for general use available to the faculty and students of Fine Arts.
• Digital still cameras • DV Cameras • HD video cameras • Tripods • Digital Audio Recorders • and more . . .
We also host department-specific collections of equipment catering to the needs of specific departments. Contact your department for a full list of their equipment collection or come by EV or MB depots, we'll be glad to inform you about it.
Students do not need to pay for a CDA account to borrow equipment from the "general collection" but you may need to pay a fee to access department specific collections (depending on the department). The "General Collection" is for exclusive use of class related work.
Simple rules at CDA equipment depots:
- You must be enrolled in a Fine Arts class to borrow equipment.
- You do not need CDA account to borrow equipment from the "general collection" but you may need to pay a fee to access department specific collections (depending on the department)
- Reservations can be made in advance (up to 2 maximum at the time)
- Reservations can be made in person or over the phone only (no email or voicemail)
- You are fully responsible for the equipment you borrow (replacement upon loss or damage of the whole or part)
- Check the equipment tag and contents before you leave the depot.
- Return the equipment on time. Penalty fees will be applied if you are late.
- Be nice to the gear.