STM signs, hippies and immigration
Concordia in the news features stories of Concordians who appear in the news. Discover alumni, students, faculty and experts who recently made an impact in the media.
Concordia faculty and researchers are regularly asked to offer expert, informed opinions on many of today's most pressing problems. Read some of the latest news items about Concordians:
- Matt Soar, professor in the Department of Communication Studies, is quoted in The Montreal Gazette in an article about the STM selling its old signage in preparation for the installation of newly designed bus and metro signs.
- Jean-Philippe Warren, professor in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, appeared on Radio-Canada’s Médium Large to discuss the hippie movement in Quebec and how it transformed the province.
- La Presse publishes an article about an acceleration in immigration for those with skills that met the needs of the Canadian job market. The story quotes Mireille Paquet, professor in the Department of Political Science.
- The Suburban publishes an op-ed written by Suzanne Reisler Litwin, instructor in the School of Extended Learning, about living a simpler life.
- Rabble publishes an op-ed that is co-signed by various academics across Quebec, including six Concordia professors, that expresses their disappointment in the official statement issued by the NDP about the current conflict in Gaza.
More Expert Commentators