Newsletter - November 2019
In the media
- MIGS Executive Director Kyle Matthews was quoted in the Futurithmic article “Digitalands: Law and order in digital societies.”
- MIGS Digital Fellow Alexandre Corbeil published an article in the CTCSentinel titled “Hezbollah’s “Virtual entrepreneurs:” How Hezbollah is using the internet to incite violence in Israel.”
- MIGS Digital Fellow Ewelina Ochab published an article in Forbes titled “The OSCE produces guidance on freedom of religion or belief and security.
- MIGS Digital Fellow Ewelina Ochab published an article in Forbes titled “What is next for Sudan?”
- MIGS Digital Fellow Phil Gurski published an article in The Hill Times titled “CSIS is damned if it does and damned if it doesn’t.”
- MIGS Digital Fellow Karine Pontbriand published an article titled “L’importance de la coopération en cybersécurité internationale” in the September-November edition of the international analysis magazine Sans Frontières.
- MIGS Digital Fellow Ewelina Ochab published an article in Forbes titled “Germany conducts its first genocide trial of a Daesh Fighter.”
- MIGS Executive Director Kyle Matthews wrote a piece titled “Short circuit: What will artificial intelligence mean for diplomacy?” for the Soft Power 30 report. The full report, a joint effort from Portland Communications, Facebook and the Center on Public Diplomacy at the University of Southern California, can be found here.
- MIGS Digital Fellow Joana Cook co-authored an article published in Foreign Policy titled “In Syria, the Women and Children of ISIS Have Been Forgotten”.
- MIGS Digital Fellow Phil Gurski published an article in The Hill Times titled “National security priorities for the Liberal minority government.”
- The International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation (ICSR) published its latest report titled “Their Fate is Tied to Ours: Assessing AQAP Governance and Implications for Security in Yemen” written by MIGS Digital Fellow Joana Cook. The full report is available here.
- MIGS Fellow Diego Osorio was interviewed by LaPresse.ca in the article “Argentine: le technocrate et la populiste”.
- MIGS Digital Fellow Vivek Ventakesh spoke at The Walrus Talks Living Better.
- MIGS Fellow Andrei Serbin Pont was interviewed by El Tiempo Latino for an article titled “Latinoamérica tras elecciones: ciudadanos entre la transición y el continuismo”.
- MIGS Digital Fellow Phil Gurski published an article in The Hill Times titled “How do we determine when a terrorist act has taken place?”.
- MIGS Digital Fellow Ewelina Ochab published an article in Forbes titled “As Brexit continues to divide Britain, a new Genocide response initiative aims to unite”.
Phil Gurski was interviewed in La Presse in an article titled “Préparatifs pour un retour des présumés djihadistes canadiens détenus en Syrie.“