(514) 848-2424, ext. 5578
As a Concordia student, you have numerous opportunities to get involved, so go ahead and explore our listings, whether you want to volunteer on-campus, off-campus or abroad! The opportunities below are only a small sample of what is available to you. Drop in to meet with a Volunteer Ambassador and learn about many more opportunities that meet your needs and interests.
Opportunities of the week
- Montreal Greeters is looking for volunteers to help tourists discover Montreal’s various neighborhoods. Volunteers can plan their own tour with visitors and should be comfortable in French or English. Speaking more than one language, including visitors’ preferred language, would be an asset. Training will be provided as well. For more information, contact François Desgroseilliers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-701-8856.
- Love Caravan is a non-profit organization with the goal of bridging the generational gap between youth and seniors. From late August to early September, they will be doing a cross country tour of senior homes/communities, and will be in Montreal the 25th (in the evening) to the 26th (all day). They are looking for volunteers to provide entertainment (singing, dancing, cultural festivities) and to spend time with senior residents. French is an asset. For more info, contact email@example.com or call at 613 209-6238.
- Want to help break isolation in your community while working with children? Head and Hands’s Young Parents Program is looking for volunteers to assist childcare educators in animating fun and educational activities with kids. Activities will be held in mid-September. It is mandatory to attend an orientation and training session in early September. For more info, contact Marnie at 514 483-0660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Night Race, taking place in the old port to help benefit the Starlight Children’s Foundation, is taking place on September 15th. They are looking for volunteers on September 13th and 14th from 11:30am to 8pm at Coin des Coureurs (Marche Centrale location) to help with race kit pick up. Volunteers will be giving the racers their bib numbers, tshirt and goodie bag. For race night, volunteers are needed at the Clocktower as of 5:30 pm to help on the course with directing participants and encouraging them to continue. For more info, contact Ashley at email@example.com.
- Concordia Multi-faith & Spirituality Centre is looking for volunteers to welcome students to their lounge on campus (downtown), facilitate the Conversation Couch and spread the word about their department and upcoming Fall events. Curious? Visit them on 2090 Mackay St. to find out more! To register for an information session, click here.
- Waste Not Want Not is looking for volunteers to help with their food festival in September. Volunteers will help with setup and teardown of event space, hand out tasty snacks and educate snackers about compost and compost bins on campus. They are also looking for volunteers during orientation week who will be acting as compost bin educators at events around the campus. Volunteers will receive recognition in the Concordia Co-Curricular Record. If interested, fill in the volunteer form.
- The YMCA Du Parc is looking for volunteers to help in their Teen Zone. Volunteers can assist with homework (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4pm to 6pm), soccer coaching (Fridays from 4pm to 7pm), basketball coaching (Wednesdays from 4pm to 6pm), and a variety of cultural, artistic and sports programs. French is required. Previous experience with teenagers is an asset. training can be provided. For more info, contact Geraldine at geraldine.Piguet@ymcaquebec.org or call at 514 271-9622, ext. 4205.
- Pro-vert Sud-Ouest needs bilingual volunteers to help with a neighbourhood celebration in St. Henri (at Parc Sir Georges-Étienne-Cartier, Métro Place St. Henri) on Sept. 17, 2017. Tasks include surveillance at the bounce games, food distribution, set up and take down, help with activities, etc. Volunteer shifts will run for 3-6 hours, between 9:30am until 5pm. For details or to apply, contact Céline Berk at 514-761-4151 ext. 202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plusone Mentoring, organized through the YMCAs du Parc, Westmount, and NDG, is designed to engage at-risk youth (10-17 years old) in the community, and is looking for volunteer mentors. Participants meet weekly at their local YMCA, for 2-3 hours, to engage in sports and recreation, group activities, etc. Under supervision and guidance, mentors accompany a participant for 1 year, to provide them with a positive adult role model. Mandatory training provided. Apply online or email email@example.com for details.
- The Concordia Farmer's Market (CFM) is looking for volunteers for their weekly market which takes place every Wednesday (1455 BLVD De Maisonneuve) from 11am to 6:30pm. They are also looking for volunteers to establish a new market at the Loyola campus. Volunteers will help with a variety of tasks ranging from community outreach to coordinating special events. No experience is required. For more info, contact Christale Terris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Resource Centre drop-in schedule
- First-time volunteers
- Testimonials of student volunteers
- Volunteer opportunities
- Post a volunteer opportunity
- Strategic volunteering
- Volunteer workshops
- Volunteer fair
- Volunteer recognition award