(514) 848-2424, ext. 5578
As a Concordia student, you have numerous opportunities to get involved, so go ahead and explore our listings, whether you want to volunteer on-campus, off-campus or abroad! The opportunities below are only a small sample of what is available to you. Drop in to meet with a Volunteer Ambassador and learn about many more opportunities that meet your needs and interests.
Opportunities of the week
- Interested in working with children? Fraser Hickson Library seeks to develop literacy skills among children aged 0-5 in Côte-des-neiges through their MINIBIBLIOplus project. They are looking for bilingual (French and English) volunteers to assist with story time animations, 2-3 hours per week. Training will be provided. For more info, contact Barbara at email@example.com or call 514 872-0517.
- Apathy is Boring is looking for volunteers to act as ambassadors for a community project of their choice, dealing with the theme of social inclusion within their RISE program. If interested, apply online before January 24th.
- Aqua KIDS gives children with special needs the opportunity to socialize in a safe and fun environment. Volunteers are paired with a child 6-16 to mentor during gym, swimming, and craft activities. Experience with children is an asset and all activities will take place at the NDG YMCA from Feb 3rd to April 7th. For more info, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514-606-7770.
- Concordia Food Coalition is looking for volunteers to help with organizing, media and fundraising for their 10th National Assembly on food policy, agriculture, and food security. If interested, send your CV and cover letter to Christale at email@example.com by January 25th.
- The Teapot 50+ Centre, located in Lachine, is currently looking for volunteers to act as drivers and receptionists to help seniors living in Lachine. Receptionists are asked to commit to 3 hours a week. All volunteers must be bilingual and be available until June. For more information, contact Aida at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-637-5627.
- Groupe Harmonie is looking for a volunteer to accompany an elderly lady to a shopping center near her home. It involves bringing moral support during the shopping session which will last one afternoon. The volunteer should be proficient in either French or English. If interested, contact Marianne at 514-774-2640 or send her an email at email@example.com.
- REISA- The East Island Network for English Language Services is looking for volunteers to accompany their team at two career fairs (January 31st and March 16th) to help promote East Island internships, and increase access to health and social services in English. Volunteers should be proficient in French and English. If interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Les Classiques is looking for volunteers for the Underground Montreal 5k race taking place on February 18th in downtown Montreal. Volunteers will serve as guides to the running athletes, help with registration, water station, bringing material and setting the course. If interested, contact Alexander at email@example.com.
- EPN-End Poverty Now is looking to fill in three positions on a volunteer basis: Director of Grassroots Projects (leadership role, thorough understanding of social and international development issues), Social Media Officer (crafting posts and monitoring interactions on social media, and social community management) and Webmaster (responsible for the upkeep of EPN’s website, creating and revising web pages). For more info, contact Arshia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Resource Centre drop-in schedule
- First-time volunteers
- Testimonials of student volunteers
- Volunteer opportunities
- Post a volunteer opportunity
- Strategic volunteering
- Volunteer workshops
- Volunteer fair
- Volunteer recognition award