(514) 848-2424, ext. 5578
As a Concordia student, you have numerous opportunities to get involved, so go ahead and explore our listings, whether you want to volunteer on-campus, off-campus or abroad! The opportunities below are only a small sample of what is available to you. Drop in to meet with a Volunteer Ambassador and learn about many more opportunities that meet your needs and interests.
Opportunities of the week
- Montreal Chinese Hospital is having an open house on May 30th to recruit volunteers interested in learning more about the health care field. Volunteers can be proficient in English, French or an Asian language. Possible volunteer opportunities include working with seniors living in residence, helping interveners, assist seniors during activities, provide accompaniment and help seniors with eating. If interested, contact Chantal at email@example.com or call 514-861-9331 ext. 8332.
- The Running Room is currently looking for volunteers to help run the Montreal Pharmaprix Run for Women at the Old Port on June 16 at 8:30am. Volunteers will help with: race kit pick up, directing the runners the right way, checking in people's bags and properly marking them, and preparing the cups of water and handing them out to the runners. If interested, contact Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crohn's and Colitis Canada’s Gusty Walk is the largest national fundraiser in support of patients suffering from and research into Crohn’s and colitis. They are looking for volunteers to encourage walkers and cyclists, provide help if needed, welcome and inform walkers and cyclists, and animate activities. If interested, contact them at email@example.com before June 3rd.
- Les Amis de la Montagne exists to protect and enhance the Mount Royal through community involvement and environmental education. They are looking for bilingual volunteers to participate in environmental conservation activities such as the removal of invasive plants, cataloguing native plants, and the planting of indigenous species. If interested, contact Isabelle at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 15th.
- Scouts Canada contributes to the education of young people to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society. They are looking for volunteers to help with camps for underprivileged youth. Training provided and police check required. If interested, contact Alain or Kristin at 514-334-3004 ext. 234 or 211, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Pro-Vert Sud-Ouest is looking for volunteers! They can pick up garbage along the Lachine Canal shorelines, take care of native plant beds, cover up graffiti to prevent vandalism and beautify the park and plant native plants. If interested, call 514-768-2709 ext. 203 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Santropol Roulant is looking for volunteers to help in transforming urban harvested fruits and vegetables into preserves, ferments, and dehydrated products for sale at their General Store, urban beekeeping, urban fruit harvesting, community bike shop, vermicomposting, and mushroom growing. If interested, contact them at 514-284-9335 or email@example.com.
- The Montreal Impact Foundation helps support underprivileged children and their families through sports, recreation, and school perseverance programs. The Foundation is currently searching for bilingual volunteers to sell 50/50 raffle tickets during Montreal Impact games at Saputo Stadium. Interested volunteers should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JPDL is looking for volunteers to help with registration, welcoming, distributing materials and more. Volunteers must be proficient in English and French, motivated, dynamic, and have customer service skills. For more information contact email@example.com.
- Fondation de l'Hôpital Général Juif is looking for crew members to take part in a fun camping experience over the weekend of July 7th and 8th From Repentigny to Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures. Crew members can choose the tasks/positions they feel most comfortable with and depending on their certifications: drivers, pit stops crew, fundraising and transportation. For more info, contact Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Resource Centre drop-in schedule
- First-time volunteers
- Testimonials of student volunteers
- Volunteer opportunities
- Post a volunteer opportunity
- Strategic volunteering
- Volunteer workshops
- Volunteer fair
- Volunteer recognition award