(514) 848-2424, ext. 5578
As a Concordia student, you have numerous opportunities to get involved, so go ahead and explore our listings, whether you want to volunteer on-campus, off-campus or abroad! The opportunities below are only a small sample of what is available to you. Drop in to meet with a Volunteer Ambassador and learn about many more opportunities that meet your needs and interests.
Opportunities of the week
- The Sommet 2017 sur la culture philanthropique will be taking place in Montreal on November 14th and 15th at the Palais des congrès. Concordia University is participating in the organization and logistics of this event by coordinating a team of volunteers.They are looking for bilingual volunteers to help with registration. The conference proceedings are in French only, but all volunteers will have the opportunity to sit in on sessions that might be of interest. The details of the program can be found here. Each volunteer shift will last 3-4 hours and interested volunteers are asked to indicate their interest and availability by using this form. For more info, contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACCM is looking for volunteers to fill in positions in their Sexual Health Education Response Team (reply to incoming texts and draft responses, update a database of frequently asked questions and online resources, contribute in the local clinics, community centers and schools), Support Services Team (assist members with computer skills and data entry) and Projects and Development Team (assist in preparation of grant applications, with coordination of art auction fundraiser Artsida, administrative work, and social media maintenance). If interested, contact their Andrea at email@example.com.
- Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard is a weekly $2 vegan meal made by students and for students every Thursday evening! They need helpers in their kitchen anywhere from 1pm-8pm. Helpers in the afternoon will assist in preparing the meal, and those who can help between 5pm-8pm will help serve the meal and/or help do dishes. This is a great weekly opportunity to meet new people and enhance or develop your cooking skills, no experience necessary! This endeavour is a joint effort between the Concordia Food Coalition and the Multi-faith & Spirituality Centre. You can help out on occasion or help out weekly and get it on your co-curricular record. To get involved or for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The John Molson MBA International Case Competition will be taking place from January 1st to 6th 2018. They are looking for volunteers to take part in the competition! Volunteers will have the chance to network with hundreds of local executives, meet students from around the world, receive a letter of recommendation, add this experience to their co-curricular transcript and have full access to the event and hospitality suite. Volunteers from all majors and backgrounds are welcome! If interested, fill in this form. For inquiries, email Jean-Simon at email@example.com.
- The Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation and the Jewish General Hospital will be organizing a Culinary Showdown on October 29th, at the contemporary art gallery, Arsenal. It is a fundraising activity that will finance two major research projects in Montreal. They are looking for volunteers to help in the kitchen, organize boxes, wash dishes, setup, prepare and lay out food, etc. For more info, contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514 871-1717 ext. 277.
- The Montreal Diet Dispensary is organizing a crossfit event on November 25th in partnership with the Alexis Nihon Complex to fund and raise awareness of its social perinatal nutrition program, which helps pregnant women in precarious socioeconomic situations give birth to healthy babies. They are looking for volunteers with functional spoken English and French to help with greeting participants, supervising the cloakroom and timing the race, from 9am to 12pm. If interested email Tammy at email@example.com or call 514-937-5375 ext. 202 by November 15th, at the latest.
- The Canadian Centre for International Justice (CCIJ) is looking for a volunteer photographer for its October 24th fundraising event, which will take place from 6:30pm to 9:30 pm at the Centre for Sustainable Development in Montreal. The volunteer photographer will be responsible for the delivery of a diverse set of quality photographs, which capture the event venue, the participants, and the atmosphere. If interested, submit a portfolio of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WIAIH's annual Oka race fundraiser is coming up! They need volunteers on Sunday, November 5th at WIAIH's head office (111 Donegani, Pointe-Claire, H9R 2W3) and will be bused to Oka national park to help direct runners, pass out water and snacks, etc. Volunteers will then be bused back to WIAIH for 1pm. Snacks will be provided! To sign up as a volunteer or for more information, contact Tamara at email@example.com or 514-694-7090 ext 221.
- Accès Escalade Montréal is looking for volunteers available from Oct. 27th to Nov. 5th for the Montreal Pan American Youth Climbing Championships 2017. Volunteers are needed in a variety of areas, including athletes/team services, communications, entertainment (i.e. announcers, DJ, sound and lights), medical team, green team (recycling, public education), and sports logistics (transportation, set-up/set-down, site management, security). If interested, contact Christine by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Centaur Theatre is looking for volunteers to help with investigating, organizing and collating information from their archives. The required commitment is from October 2017 to June 2018, with minimum of 5 hours per week. Organizational skills are a must and a background in library science. For more information about the volunteer position, contact Layne Shutt at email@example.com or 514-288-1229 ex. 232.
- Volunteer Resource Centre drop-in schedule
- First-time volunteers
- Testimonials of student volunteers
- Volunteer opportunities
- Post a volunteer opportunity
- Strategic volunteering
- Volunteer workshops
- Volunteer fair
- Volunteer recognition award