Student Advocacy Office
(514) 848-2424, ext. 3992
Please keep these tips in mind:
- It is in your best interest to contact us at least five business days in advance to ensure adequate time to prepare for your case.
- Please provide us with your availabilities so we can try to accommodate your schedule.
- It is easier to spend more time with you if you make an appointment with us rather than dropping in.
- Please provide at least 24 hours’ notice if you are unable to show up for your appointment or if you need to reschedule so we can best serve other students who may urgently need an appointment.
- Please be advised that our regular hours of operation are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
What we can and cannot do
- We provide a comprehensive overview of the process, possible outcomes and consequences. We cannot guarantee or predict the outcome of your case, hearing, appeal or request as we are not the final decision makers.
- We are here to assist you throughout the process outlined in the Academic Code of Conduct and/or the Code of Rights and Responsibilities. However, we are not lawyers and thus do not represent and defend students as this is not a legal service.
- We are not a legal information clinic and cannot provide assistance or advice related to immigration or landlord/tenant issues.