International Business Co-op program offers exposure to several disciplines including international management, marketing, finance, as well as international aspects of politics, economics, and sociology. Students benefit from the program’s practical orientation toward the international trade in goods and services, dealing with the challenges of a complex multicultural and multilingual marketplace, and exposure to the managerial challenges of operating within a complex globally competitive environment and legal implications of dealing with different legal jurisdictions.
International Business Co-op career opportunities
- Business Systems Analyst
- International Marketing Development
- International Sourcing & Logistic Analyst
International Business Co-op employers
- Imperial Tobacco
- Industry Canada
- Pratt & Whitney Canada
- Sun Life Financial
IBUS Co-op advantage
- Take advantage of the opportunity to live and work in other parts of Canada and abroad.
- Gain important cross-cultural skills such as communication, teamwork, cooperation, and interpersonal skills essential to today’s global work environment.
- Take advantage of international networking opportunities.
- Acquire international work experience and exposure to different cultures.
- Learn more about the expectations and needs of employers in internationally oriented careers.
- Earn the opportunity to apply concepts learned in courses to a variety of international business situations each work term.
- Gain useful insight on important processes and subtleties of handling managerial challenges within a multinational company.
- Experience the implications and repercussions of international policy.
“I gained useful insight on important processes and subtleties within an international company. My goal was to learn as much as possible for my own benefit while functioning efficiently and making myself useful to the employer. That means I had to compromise, be patient and understanding of their needs. On the other hand I had to be alert and inquisitive, always on the lookout for opportunities to engage myself in international business tasks as well as asking the appropriate questions. The Sun Life Financial environment as a whole is a great setting for career growth and development for any possible concentration. I found my experience very rewarding.”
Sonia Solova, Work Term 1, Sun Life Financial
Administrative Assistant, JMSB Co-op programs
Phone: 514-848-2424 ext. 4117
Academic Director, International Business
Phone: 514-848-2424 ext. 2923
Institute for Co-operative Education
Sally Craig, Coordinator
Phone: 514-848-2424 ext. 3955